Southern Cross Media Group Limited today announced its interim financial results for the half year to 31 December 2014.
These results include:
- Revenue of $307.6 million, down 7.3%
- Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (“EBITDA”) of $85.8 million, down 18.3%
- Net profit after tax (“NPAT”) of $34.7 million, down 24.4%
- Net finance costs reduced by $4.1 million, part of the ongoing benefit from the January 2014 refinancing
- Net debt for the group reduced by $14.8 million to $573.1 million, due to cash conservation measures introduced. This included retention of $21.2 million in cash from the underwritten Dividend Reinvestment Plan (“DRP”) but was after a $14 million one off payment for settlement of tax issue
CEO Rhys Holleran said “The first half results for FY 2015 reflect challenging conditions in television advertising markets and a reduced metro radio market share. In 2015, we are strengthened by the talent line ups in metro radio and are confident that the strategic direction of the company and the focus on debt reduction will put the company in a sound position to improve over this financial year and the next.”
Southern Cross Austereo is focussed on delivering a content led recovery, with the refresh of Today’s Hit Network being completed in January 2015, Dan & Maz moving to breakfast on Hit 104.1 2Day in Sydney from January 2015, and Hamish & Andy returning to national drive from July 2015.
Please login with linkedin to commentRadio
Women in Print has re-launched itself this week to take on the year, and future ahead. A refreshed brand, website, calendar and team are leading the way with Women in Print also announcing a new partnership with The Real Media Collective. A new look, new management and new focus – Community, Knowledge, Network and Support […]
The global Out of Home (OOH) industry has today launched a campaign #OurSecondChance. The campaign asks simple questions about how we can make the most of the positive opportunities that have arisen out of the pandemic. Broadcast on OOH signs around the globe #OurSecondChance is collaboration between World Out of Home Organisation (WOO) and the […]
With the COVID-19 crisis affecting all crowd-based activities, youth mental-health charity batyr has devised the first-ever Run for the Herd Virtual Festival partnering with media business UM to bring the virtual event to life. With the City2Surf event in Sydney, normally a big fund-raising opportunity for batyr, postponed this year, batyr has created a virtual event and with the support of UM are encouraging […]
Following QMS’ acquisition of TLA Worldwide (Aust) last year, QMS Sport has today announced it will transition to the TLA brand and formally become a business unit of TLA. ‘Media Tech’ is officially the new name for what was formally known as QMS Sport, and will operate alongside TLA’s existing business units that span the […]