Snap is announcing a new update to Lens Studio, Snap’s free desktop app that makes it possible for anyone to build AR for Snapchat.
New features include six new templates, fourteen new Landmarker locations and additional tools that support an even wider range of creators – from new 2D illustrators to sophisticated developers. The update makes it even easier for Australians to create their own AR and share it with the world.
Snap’s Lens Studio 2.1 is making it easier for more Aussies to create their own AR and share it with the world. New updates include:
All new templates
Six new templates launch today, adding to the existing library of nearly 40 Lens Templates:
- Face In Video: Track your face onto a video.
- Portrait Particles: Jazz things up with customized particles that segment behind the user’s head – decorate with headers, footers and post-effects. Perfect for your next party!
- Countdown: Ready, set, customize! Create Lenses that count down to specific dates and add celebratory 3D hats and glasses.
- Skeletal: Track 2D images to heads, necks, shoulders, elbows, and hands to create sweet joint collaborations.
- Hair colour: Modify your hair colour with fresh styles and tones from root to tip.
- Make-up: Put your face on the easy way with AR lip gloss, blush, eyeshadow and more.
Additional Creator Support
For Lens creators who download Lens Studio for the first time, a new interactive tour breaks down Lens creation step-by-step so even first-time users can jump right in. And for creators already familiar with Lens Studio, we’ve added helpful start screen content that highlights new templates and features, and showcases our favourite Lenses from the community.
Lens Studio Templates are now on GitHub, and creators can add their own, too. Search for and use the “lens-studio” tag so others can discover your work and get inspired.
Introduced earlier this year, Landmarkers are Lenses that enable augmented reality experiences that transform the world’s most iconic landmarks in real-time.
Fourteen new Landmarkers begin rolling out today, and Snapchatters visiting these physical locations will also be able to experience them:
- Arc de Triomphe – Paris, France
- Astronomical Clock – Prague, Czech Republic
- Brandenburg Gate – Berlin, Germany
- El Castillo – Chichen Itza, Mexico
- Galata Tower – Istanbul, Turkey
- Gateway of India – Mumbai, India
- Leaning Tower of Pisa – Pisa, Italy
- Natural History Museum – London, UK
- Neues Rathaus – Munich, Germany
- Qasr Al-Farid – Mada’in Saleh, Saudi Arabia
- Great Sphinx of Giza – Giza, Egypt
- Statue of Liberty – United States
- Taj Mahal – Agra, India
- Tower Bridge – London, UK
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]