Snap is announcing a new update to Lens Studio, Snap’s free desktop app that makes it possible for anyone to build AR for Snapchat.
New features include six new templates, fourteen new Landmarker locations and additional tools that support an even wider range of creators – from new 2D illustrators to sophisticated developers. The update makes it even easier for Australians to create their own AR and share it with the world.
Snap’s Lens Studio 2.1 is making it easier for more Aussies to create their own AR and share it with the world. New updates include:
All new templates
Six new templates launch today, adding to the existing library of nearly 40 Lens Templates:
- Face In Video: Track your face onto a video.
- Portrait Particles: Jazz things up with customized particles that segment behind the user’s head – decorate with headers, footers and post-effects. Perfect for your next party!
- Countdown: Ready, set, customize! Create Lenses that count down to specific dates and add celebratory 3D hats and glasses.
- Skeletal: Track 2D images to heads, necks, shoulders, elbows, and hands to create sweet joint collaborations.
- Hair colour: Modify your hair colour with fresh styles and tones from root to tip.
- Make-up: Put your face on the easy way with AR lip gloss, blush, eyeshadow and more.
Additional Creator Support
For Lens creators who download Lens Studio for the first time, a new interactive tour breaks down Lens creation step-by-step so even first-time users can jump right in. And for creators already familiar with Lens Studio, we’ve added helpful start screen content that highlights new templates and features, and showcases our favourite Lenses from the community.
Lens Studio Templates are now on GitHub, and creators can add their own, too. Search for and use the “lens-studio” tag so others can discover your work and get inspired.
Introduced earlier this year, Landmarkers are Lenses that enable augmented reality experiences that transform the world’s most iconic landmarks in real-time.
Fourteen new Landmarkers begin rolling out today, and Snapchatters visiting these physical locations will also be able to experience them:
- Arc de Triomphe – Paris, France
- Astronomical Clock – Prague, Czech Republic
- Brandenburg Gate – Berlin, Germany
- El Castillo – Chichen Itza, Mexico
- Galata Tower – Istanbul, Turkey
- Gateway of India – Mumbai, India
- Leaning Tower of Pisa – Pisa, Italy
- Natural History Museum – London, UK
- Neues Rathaus – Munich, Germany
- Qasr Al-Farid – Mada’in Saleh, Saudi Arabia
- Great Sphinx of Giza – Giza, Egypt
- Statue of Liberty – United States
- Taj Mahal – Agra, India
- Tower Bridge – London, UK
Inner Health has revolutionised its famous blue bugs as part of a new brand platform launching this week. Developed by VMLY&R, the new platform ‘Listen to your Gut’ re-introduces the bugs in a whole new environment. VMLY&R Client Service Director Jo Millington said the new platform aimed to reposition Inner Health as an overall health […]
Insight-led communications consultancy, The Mint Partners has expanded its technology portfolio with the addition of luxury audio lifestyle brand Bang & Olufsen. Founded in 1925 in Struer, Denmark, Bang & Olufsen has pushed the boundaries of audio technology for almost a century. The company continues to be at the forefront of acoustic innovation with its […]
WA car and home insurer, RAC has launched a new campaign to show locals that they understand the priceless relationship members have with their belongings. Created by Wunderman Thompson Perth, the campaign titled ‘We See What You See’ uses computer generated imagery (CGI) to depict the unique relationship a family has with their insured items – […]
Paper Moose has created a campaign for the recently announced carbon-neutral telco brand, felix, due to go to market towards the end of the year. This is the first work from Paper Moose since winning a competitive pitch for the new TPG Telecom brand. The teaser campaign raises awareness of the nearly 1 million tonnes […]