Sling & Stone have announced a string of new senior hires, promotions and clients to kick off 2019.
Callan Green has joined Sling & Stone as head of social & content to spearhead a truly unique social offering.
Previously director of social at L’Oreal Paris in New York, and senior social strategist at Sony Electronics, Callan brings 12+ years experience growing and leading social teams and services.
Across the pond, Sian Church has joined the NZ team to head up their local operations.
Sian was previously at Pead PR, where she led the technology, entertainment and corporate team.
Prior to that, she spent five years in the UK, working at London based agencies, Brands2life and Chameleon.
Sian will be leading the growth of Sling & Stone’s NZ team, as well as PR campaigns for Amazon Prime Video, Mevo and a suite of exciting new brands we will announce in the coming months.
Sling & Stone founder and CEO Vuki Vujasinovic said: “We come to work every day to tell the stories that shape the future of how we live, work, and play.
“Our clients are the most interesting, demanding, and ambitious in the world, and we love it.
“With 50 Slingers in three offices around the world now, I couldn’t be happier with how we are starting 2019”.
Other new roles and promotions include: Kya de Rome as global general manager, Kasi Reynolds as global head of consumer and James Hutchinson as global head of business
New brands joining Sling & Stone include:
- Zip Co — A fast-growing fintech delivering payment solutions by connecting over 12,000 brands with consumers who are looking for better ways to manage their finances, to improve their every day. (Consumer, Corporate Comms and Social)
- Huddle — Insurance industry disruptor Huddle uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to assess claims, prevent fraud and automate insurance processes. The technology enables members to get same-day payments or replacement items approved online in seconds, rather than weeks. (Consumer Comms)
- ON Accelerator, powered by CSIRO — CSIRO’s national program to help Australian researchers create positive economic, social and environmental impact from their developments. Through ON Accelerate, ON Prime and other innovator programs, ON Innovation helps researchers validate and develop their technology for adoption and commercialisation (B2B, Corporate and Consumer Comms)
- Jolie Home (AU & NZ) — Jolie Home is an independently owned decorative paint brand that offers a suite of creative and interior design tools built to help boutique retailers improve their customer experience (Consumer Comms and Social).
- Drops (US & NZ) — Featuring over 31 languages, Drops helps people learn new vocabulary through a series of fun, fast-paced games and simple mnemonic images. Built on years of research into language adoption, the tool was designed to easily integrate into the daily routine of its users.
- Pathmatics — On a mission to turn the world’s marketing data into actionable insights, Pathmatics is a marketing intelligence platform that brings transparency to the digital advertising ecosystem across video, social, display, and mobile.
- Netguru — From web and mobile development to product design, Netguru builds software that lets people do things differently.
Australian owned and operated email and SMS marketing software company, Vision6, announced the launch of its first-ever national brand campaign and new brand platform “Simply Reliable”. Founded in 2001, Vision6 was one of the first email marketing software providers in Australia and has since been relied upon by thousands of Aussie businesses and organisations for […]
Out-of-Home media company JCDecaux New Zealand has appointed business growth specialist Adam McGregor in preparation for its bid to win upcoming local government street furniture tenders across the country. With contracts for the provision of street furniture including bus shelters across New Zealand up for renewal from late 2022, they collectively represent the biggest advertising […]
Fetch TV has announced that ABC iview will soon be available as a dedicated Virtual Playlist Channel on the Fetch platform. Virtual Playlist Channels (VPCs) were developed by Fetch to promote content discovery, and to provide a clear bridge between the traditional world of linear TV and the growing availability of on demand content via […]
Jackie Gillies, businesswoman, psychic medium and cast member of The Real Housewives of Melbourne is bringing her sassy, inspirational and adventurous spirit to her new podcast Shine It Up, With Jackie Gillies, which launches today via Acast. Hosted and distributed by the creator-first podcast company Acast, the show will offer listeners inspiration and motivation to […]
Crowdsourcing platforms DesignCrowd and BrandCrowd are promoting vaccination efforts in a unique way, launching a logo redesign contest among their networks of designers. The initiative saw iconic Australian brands such as Hungry Jack’s, Jetstar, JB Hi-Fi, and Bunnings undergo a redesign. “We thought it would be fun to see some other iconic Australian brands back […]
Jillian Davison has been named editor-in-chief of the recently relaunched Harper’s BAZAAR Australia. She will oversee all content, development and creative direction across the iconic magazine’s digital and brand platforms. Davison (pictured) succeeds Eugenie Kelly, who recently stepped down to pursue other opportunities. The announcement was made by Maureen Jordan, publisher of Harper’s BAZAAR Australia […]
Freedom Foods and 72andSunny Sydney have launched the first advertising campaign for Australia’s Own range of plant-based beverages. The campaign introduces a new visual world and identity for the brand and captures the healthy, positive feeling you get when spending time in nature and when consuming Australia’s Own certified-organic, plant-based beverages. As well as featuring […]