Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) has continued its dominance as the number one online radio group in Australia, experiencing 112% year-on-year growth across its digital assets, in Nielsen’s June 2014 Market Intelligence and Nielsen Answers report (NOR).
In addition to SCA driving over 50% of the audience and traffic of the entire commercial radio industry online, its average daily traffic remarkably increased, elevating it as the 15th biggest ‘tagged’ online publisher (all devices) in the country – up from 22nd last year and in its highest ever position.
The strength of the Today Network and Triple M Network digital brands has also been reinforced with key wins, including their respective positions as the first and second online radio brands in Australia, ranked by average daily unique browsers.
Key Digital Ratings Highlights:
- SCA is the #1 online commercial radio group in Australia, with over 50% of the audience and traffic across all digital platforms. This means SCA’s average daily online traffic is bigger than the rest of the commercial radio industry combined!
- SCA’s average daily online traffic increased 112% year-on-year – ranking as the 15th biggest ‘tagged’ publisher, up from 22nd last year and in its highest ever position.
- The Today Network and the Triple M Network are the #1 and #2 online radio brands in Australia, ranked by average daily unique browsers.
- The Today Network and the Triple M Network are the #1 and #2 Australian online mobile multi-category entertainment brands.
- SCA is the 7th biggest daily ‘tagged’ digital publisher on mobile in Australia, up from 13th last year.
- Today Network is the #1 radio brand online with a unique audience of 617,000, followed by Triple M Network as #2 with 375,000.