Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) has continued its dominance as the number one online radio group in Australia, experiencing 112% year-on-year growth across its digital assets, in Nielsen’s June 2014 Market Intelligence and Nielsen Answers report (NOR).
In addition to SCA driving over 50% of the audience and traffic of the entire commercial radio industry online, its average daily traffic remarkably increased, elevating it as the 15th biggest ‘tagged’ online publisher (all devices) in the country – up from 22nd last year and in its highest ever position.
The strength of the Today Network and Triple M Network digital brands has also been reinforced with key wins, including their respective positions as the first and second online radio brands in Australia, ranked by average daily unique browsers.
Key Digital Ratings Highlights:
- SCA is the #1 online commercial radio group in Australia, with over 50% of the audience and traffic across all digital platforms. This means SCA’s average daily online traffic is bigger than the rest of the commercial radio industry combined!
- SCA’s average daily online traffic increased 112% year-on-year – ranking as the 15th biggest ‘tagged’ publisher, up from 22nd last year and in its highest ever position.
- The Today Network and the Triple M Network are the #1 and #2 online radio brands in Australia, ranked by average daily unique browsers.
- The Today Network and the Triple M Network are the #1 and #2 Australian online mobile multi-category entertainment brands.
- SCA is the 7th biggest daily ‘tagged’ digital publisher on mobile in Australia, up from 13th last year.
- Today Network is the #1 radio brand online with a unique audience of 617,000, followed by Triple M Network as #2 with 375,000.
SCA director of digital and innovation Clive Dickens said: “As we mark the close of the financial year with incredible growth, the SCA digital team are looking forward to a complete re-imagination of our content, products and digital services. You haven’t seen anything yet, and I believe the word you’re looking for is ‘boom’.”
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]