Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) has announced that from tomorrow, each of its digital radio stations will be aligned to either its Triple M or Hit networks.
This enhanced suite of radio stations creates two new Triple M digital radio stations:
- Triple M – Modern, which will deliver modern and alternative rock, alternative pop focusing on now and the 2000s with artists like Muse, Lorde, Florence & The Machine, Artic Monkeys Gorillaz and Blink 182; and
- Triple M – Greatest Hits, which will deliver late 60s/70s and album-orientated rock with artists like Fleetwood Mac, Supertramp, Prince and David Bowie.
SCA will also bring back Triple M – Classic Rock, which will play 70s and 80s adult rock and mainstream rock with artists like Led Zepplin, Beatles, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC and Skyhooks.
This will take the Triple M network to 38 stations in total across Australia, while SCA’s Hit Network will grow to 46 stations with the following digital stations:
- Easy Hits – framed as the continuous ‘feel good’ favourites station that will play artists like Madonna.
- Buddha Hits – framed as the ‘tune in, chill out’ station with artists like Lana Del Rey, Groove Armada, Moby Air and Massive Attack; and
- Oldskool Hits – framed as the station that plays hits from the past like Destiny’s Child, Pink, Justin Timberlake and Rihanna.
SCA chief creative officer Guy Dobson said: “The rebranding of our digital stations reinforces SCA’s powerful, straightforward ability to deliver unrivalled content and scale on a national level using two highly recognisable audio brands.
“Our clients will now have easier and more effective access to leading and growing digital radio audiences via SCA’s suite of Triple M and Hit radio stations.”
In a year where ‘business as usual’ is anything but, AFR BOSS reveals six of Australia’s most inspirational and outstanding young leaders who excelled during the pandemic. The six have been crowned the 2021 BOSS Young Executives in the prestigious awards program, now in its 18th year. Run in conjunction with global leadership consulting firm […]
HUMAN Security (formerly White Ops) today announced two new founding Human Collective members: Index Exchange and MediaMath. Together they participated in thought-provoking panel discussions during the recent IAB Tech Lab CTV & Video Advertising: Growing with Standards virtual event where they emphasized how important it is to work together in the fight against fraud on […]
SCA has announced the appointment of Cathrine McVeigh to head of audio production and operations. She will be part of the content leadership team. In the newly created role, McVeigh will oversee the creation of SCA’s new audio production and content operations hub and lead a combined team across the country to deliver a rapidly […]