Prohibitively expensive watchmaker Rolex has landed the number one spot on this year’s Reputation Institute’s annual 2016 rankings.
The list is judged by over 60,000 people from 15 different countries on each business’ public perception. Each brand is judged on seven categories including: product, innovation, leadership, performance, citizenship, workplace and governance.
Interestingly, Facebook didn’t even manage to crack this year’s top 100 list while, unsurprisingly, Volkswagen dropped from 14th in 2015 down to 123rd following last year’s dodgy emissions scandal.
The top 10 for 2016 in descending order were:
10) Apple. However the tech giant’s reputation is falling. It was seventh in 2014 and eighth last year.
9) Sony. The Japanese electronic giant was voted in the top 10 of 10 of the 15 countries surveyed for the 2016 results.
8) Canon. The camera manufacturer was particularly loved by Europeans, Africans and in the Middle East.
7) Microsoft. Strangely, the tech behemoth failed to make 2015’s Top 100 but is back big time in 2016.
6) Lego. The famed toy brand is said to be the most profitable business in the world and actually ranked number one for reputation amongst Europeans, Africans and those in the Middle East.
5) Daimler/Mercedes Benz. The current F1 World Champions, the German marque actually fell two spots from its position last year.
4) BMW. Last year’s winner takes a hit in the reputation ratings although a mere blip in comparison to its cousins at Volkswagen.
3) Google. What’s a list without the search engine behemoth? Its reputation for having dedicated staff and a great work environment resonating amongst those surveyed.
2) The Walt Disney Company. Maker of last year’s Star Wars hit, Disney just missed top spot by the narrowest of margins.
1) Rolex. Up from fourth last year and into top spot, the watchmaker produces about 10,000 watches a week and has annual revenues estimated at around the $US8 billion mark annually.
New research from Getty Images, a world leader in visual communications, has found that LGBTQ+ representation in ANZ remains low and stereotypical. It’s 2021 – this needs to change – especially in marketing and advertising. In partnership with GLAAD, the LGBTQ+ media advocacy organisation, Getty Images has launched a full-spectrum Guidebook in direct response to […]
Natural historian Sir David Attenborough is one of the most commanding and respected storytellers in the world and now the iconic series, David Attenborough Life Stories, is available on LiSTNR as part of SCA’s recently announced partnership with the BBC. David Attenborough Life Stories is a series of talks on the natural histories of creatures and […]
Menulog has doubled down on its marketing support for restaurant partners, with the promotion of Senior Marketing Manager, Rami Tamer, to a newly created role of ‘Head of Partner Marketing’, as well as the promotion of former-Blue 449 Performance Manager, Jaryd Buggins. In the new Head of Partner Marketing role, Rami will lead a team […]
ARN has announced Barry Drinkwater will be handing over his content director reins at 97.3FM and 4KQ to respected radio executive, Alisson Longhurst. Drinkwater has had a stellar career in radio spanning more than four decades, and was acknowledged as one of Australia’s Top 20 Content Directors by Radio Today in 2020. He began his radio career […]
Australia’s largest social enterprise is turning 25. On the anniversary of Australia’s first Big Issue magazine being sold on the steps of Melbourne’s Flinders Street Station in June 1996, Town Square has created a campaign to mark the occasion. 25 Years Big is a celebratory statement of pride, rendered in the iconic Big Issue logo […]
The Australian commercial radio industry has joined a global working group of broadcasters, carmakers and tech experts collaborating on the innovation of radio in Android Automotive. Android Automotive is Google’s infotainment operating system which is being built into new connected cars. Industry body Commercial Radio Australia is part of the working group, led by the […]
For the third consecutive year, Triple M’s No Talk Day will return on Thursday July 1 to raise awareness around men’s mental health and encourage courageous conversations on Triple M’s 45 stations across the country with support from partner Beyond Blue. From 6:00am – 6:00pm on July 1, Triple M is encouraging listeners to clear […]
Consumer shifts in how and where people buy products evolved significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic, creating new opportunities for retailers to use new channels, fulfilment strategies and payment options, according to the results of a new survey out today from BigCommerce and PayPal. While a majority of the 3,000 consumers surveyed from the United States, United Kingdom […]
Here is EVERYTHING you need to know about contextual advertising bar the curling wand and the hot pink leg warmers.
The brainchild of co-founders Gina Williams-Folau (main photo) and Greer Bland, the talent agency Liquorice was born out of a desire to make things easier for brand managers. Liquorice offers social talent for brands wanting to hit the sweet spot with Kiwi audiences. Launching with a roster of big names on board including Millie Elder-Holmes, Athena […]
9000 Western Australians experiencing homelessness are about to face cold winter nights. To call for donations to the 2021 Winter Appeal, Anglicare WA has released a chilling video with renowned actor Liam Graham, best known for his starring roles in Greenfield and The Heights, experiencing mild hypothermia after spending one hour in a commercial freezer. […]
Blackmagic Design has shared how its products were used to shoot the latest commercial campaign for Chris Hemsworth’s fitness training app, Centr. The new campaign, which promotes the progressive 10 week workout plan ‘Power’ replicates the same protocols used to prepare the actor for his latest appearance in the upcoming Marvel franchise film, Thor: Love […]