The Public Relations Institute of Australia’s NSW Council has announced the appointment of a new NSW President and council members at the NSW Annual General Meeting.
Brian Chase Olson (right in main photo), Director of Blend Public Relations, was elected as NSW President, succeeding Shane Allison (left), CEO of Public Address, who stepped down to focus on his role as Honorary Treasurer of the PRIA.
Eight new council members were elected, bringing passion and expertise from corporates, agencies, not-for-profit and government bodies, positioning the council for further growth following a record year of membership engagement.
“I’m thrilled with the range of expertise and experience of the new council members joining our already exceptional leadership group. Each brings a fresh perspective to how the council can better serve our members and a range of ideas to grow the PRIA community in NSW,” said Olson.
“I’m honoured to take up the role of President and thank Shane and the outgoing council members for their hard work in setting the foundations for an exciting year ahead for the NSW chapter.”
The eight new members joining the PRIA NSW Council include:
- Soraya Calavassy, Director & Co-Founder, Neon Black
- Louise Hall, Consultant, John Connolly & Partners
- Kylie Cochrane, Managing Principal, Communication & Stakeholder Engagement, ANZ, Aurecon
- Lisa Brown, Head of PR and Communications, Menulog
- Scott Walker, Principal, Walkerlab
- Stephanie Pirrie, Public Relations Manager, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia
- Taylor Blackburn, PR Manager, Finder
- Michelle Squire, Manager Communications, Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority
The new council inductees join the incumbent council from 2019/2020 and include:
- Shane Allison, Immediate Past President, CEO, Public Address
- Anastassia Keltchina, Account Manager, Howorth, part of opr Agency
- Rashmi Punjabi, Senior Account Manager, Honner
- Rachel King, Co-Chair PRIA NSW Young Guns Committee, PR & Events Consultant
- Maya Ivanovic, Co-Chair PRIA NSW Young Guns Committee, Senior Account Manager, Palin Communications
“I extend a warm welcome to our members who have joined the NSW Council at this year’s AGM and am excited at the passion they bring to our association. Brian brings a clear and enthusiastic vision to the NSW Council, and will build upon the hard work of the previous council,” said Leigh McClusky, PRIA National President.
“The PRIA Nationally is committed to continuing to bring amazing educational opportunities, such as the revamped virtual conference, member engagement, like our recent virtual networking events, and advocacy for what matters, such as the continued lobbying against the unfair changes to university funding, and I’m confident the new NSW Council will provide an amazing contribution to this effort,” she concluded.
Please login with linkedin to commentPRIA NSW
The Australian Made logo has confirmed its international appeal, with new Horizon Consumer Science research finding 97 per cent of overseas consumers have a positive first impression of the iconic green and gold kangaroo. The research, which was carried out in six diverse export markets, found that more than two thirds (70 per cent) of […]
Dulux has appointed DDB Melbourne as its sole creative and strategy agency following a competitive pitch. As a result of the appointment, the agency will lead strategy and creative for Dulux’s Decorative paints and coatings portfolio of brands, including Dulux, British Paints, and Berger. Dulux GM of Marketing, Strategy & Growth, Richard Hansen said: “Previously […]
Candice Ayad has worked with strong, powerful women leaders. But they lacked two fundamental qualities in their leadership, which, she says, will be critical within businesses going forward. The Women in Media Awards, presented by Are Media, are just days away, with the best of Australian media set to be recognised and celebrated for their […]
B2B marketers could learn a thing or two from their B2C colleagues, argues WP Engine VP APAC sales Mark Randall in this guest post. It surprises me how many B2B organisations are not quite hitting the mark when it comes to reaching their audience. When talking directly to businesses, many brands are missing an opportunity […]