OMD Tops Global Agency Media Rankings With $28 Billion In Billings For 2019

OMD Tops Global Agency Media Rankings With $28 Billion In Billings For 2019
SHARE
THIS



Omnicom’s OMD has again been crowned the globe’s top performing media agency after its worldwide agencies booked a total of $US19.6 billion ($A28.3 billion) billings for 2019.

According to the COMvergence 2019 global billings rankings report, OMD was up 6.1 per cent on 2018.

GroupM’s Mindshare came second with an estimated billings for the year worth $US17.9 billion ($A25.8 billion).

DAN’s Carat may have struggled in Australia, however, globally the agency took third spot in the rankings, posting $US16.1 billion ($A22.2 billion), an annual increase of 5.5 per cent.

According to COMvergence, the six major holding companies handled $US166 billion ($A240 billion) in media spend in 2019. That represented 57 per cent of all the ad dollars, while the other 43 per cent was handled by independents or performed in-house.

In 2019, five of the six holding companies posted growth, with only Omnicom posting a negative – its media spends were down 3.5 per cent when compared to 2018.

And the agencies that didn’t have a stellar 2019? GroupM’s Wavemaker was reportedly down 1.3 per cent YOY, while Publicis’ Starcom fell 4.2 per cent.

The COMvergence data is based on media agencies across 41 counties and found that of the holding groups WPP’s GroupM had the largest share with 17.2 per cent of the market and projected billings at $US50 billion ($A72 billion).

It’s reported that GroupM has around 22 per cent of the Australian market.

Publicis Media was second on the list, it claimed 11.6 per cent of the market with projected billings of $33.78 billion ($A48.6 billion).

Omnicom was third with 10.8 per cent of the global media market and projected billings of $US31.37 billion ($A45 billion) in projected billings.

 

 

 

 

Please login with linkedin to comment

COMvergence OMD

Latest News

AFR Remya Ramesh head of digital experience at Coles for BOSS Young Executive of the Year  Wednesday 16th June 2021 Photo by Eamon Gallagher
  • Media

AFR BOSS Names Winners Of 2021 Boss Young Executives Awards

In a year where ‘business as usual’ is anything but, AFR BOSS reveals six of Australia’s most inspirational and outstanding young leaders who excelled during the pandemic. The six have been crowned the 2021 BOSS Young Executives in the prestigious awards program, now in its 18th year. Run in conjunction with global leadership consulting firm […]

QMS Renews Contract With Manboom
  • Marketing

QMS Renews Contract With Manboom

On first inspection, B&T was hoping to bring you some manboobs news here. But as you'll see, it's a girdle-free read.

Marketing strategy on digital mobile platform - cross-device tracking programmatic advertising and multi targeting with laptop and mobile phone gadgets.
  • Technology

Index Exchange And MediaMath Join The Human Collective

HUMAN Security (formerly White Ops) today announced two new founding Human Collective members: Index Exchange and MediaMath. Together they participated in thought-provoking panel discussions during the recent IAB Tech Lab CTV & Video Advertising: Growing with Standards virtual event where they emphasized how important it is to work together in the fight against fraud on […]

by B&T Magazine

B&T Magazine
SCA Appoints Cathrine McVeigh To Head Of Audio Production And Operations
  • Media

SCA Appoints Cathrine McVeigh To Head Of Audio Production And Operations

SCA has announced the appointment of Cathrine McVeigh to head of audio production and operations. She will be part of the content leadership team. In the newly created role, McVeigh will oversee the creation of SCA’s new audio production and content operations hub and lead a combined team across the country to deliver a rapidly […]