When flying Air Koryo, make sure you don’t crumble up a newspaper bearing the image of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, take a photograph during your flight or eat the food.
The North Korean airline has been voted worst in the world by UK-based SkyTrax consultancy agency for the fourth year running. Air Koryo is the only carrier to have been awarded just one star in the rankings of more than 180 airlines.
The Skytrax World Airline awards focuses on service and in-flight experience, something which Air Koryo is lacking.
Some of the SkyTrax Reviews for Air Koryo:
- “Interesting airplane (TU204) and very likely the first and last time I fly a Russian built plane (not a lot operated where I spend most of my time). Flight to North-hard and bumpy landing.”
- “We had a reasonable amount of space and the staff were smartly dressed and friendly. The food was a burger with a mystery meat inside which was not very nice and I did not finish it.”
- “You’d be hard pressed to find a team less interested in not only the well being but the safety of the passengers.”
- “Interesting to say the least. Outbound was oldest plane I have ever seen in my life (Il-62) and literally falling apart at the seams. Propaganda handed out announcements regarding how this flight was made possible by the dear leader etc. “
- “I was fairly disappointed by the service however was amused when both pilots came around to say hello to the dignataries with me presumably leaving the aircraft on autopilot anyway! “
On the opposite side of the spectrum, Qantas was one of the top airlines during the Skytrax Awards. Qantas was also named the best airline in the Pacific region and won the award for best premium economy class airline catering. Virgin won the award for best staff in the Pacific.
Australian owned and operated email and SMS marketing software company, Vision6, announced the launch of its first-ever national brand campaign and new brand platform “Simply Reliable”. Founded in 2001, Vision6 was one of the first email marketing software providers in Australia and has since been relied upon by thousands of Aussie businesses and organisations for […]
Out-of-Home media company JCDecaux New Zealand has appointed business growth specialist Adam McGregor in preparation for its bid to win upcoming local government street furniture tenders across the country. With contracts for the provision of street furniture including bus shelters across New Zealand up for renewal from late 2022, they collectively represent the biggest advertising […]
Fetch TV has announced that ABC iview will soon be available as a dedicated Virtual Playlist Channel on the Fetch platform. Virtual Playlist Channels (VPCs) were developed by Fetch to promote content discovery, and to provide a clear bridge between the traditional world of linear TV and the growing availability of on demand content via […]
Jackie Gillies, businesswoman, psychic medium and cast member of The Real Housewives of Melbourne is bringing her sassy, inspirational and adventurous spirit to her new podcast Shine It Up, With Jackie Gillies, which launches today via Acast. Hosted and distributed by the creator-first podcast company Acast, the show will offer listeners inspiration and motivation to […]
Crowdsourcing platforms DesignCrowd and BrandCrowd are promoting vaccination efforts in a unique way, launching a logo redesign contest among their networks of designers. The initiative saw iconic Australian brands such as Hungry Jack’s, Jetstar, JB Hi-Fi, and Bunnings undergo a redesign. “We thought it would be fun to see some other iconic Australian brands back […]
Jillian Davison has been named editor-in-chief of the recently relaunched Harper’s BAZAAR Australia. She will oversee all content, development and creative direction across the iconic magazine’s digital and brand platforms. Davison (pictured) succeeds Eugenie Kelly, who recently stepped down to pursue other opportunities. The announcement was made by Maureen Jordan, publisher of Harper’s BAZAAR Australia […]
Freedom Foods and 72andSunny Sydney have launched the first advertising campaign for Australia’s Own range of plant-based beverages. The campaign introduces a new visual world and identity for the brand and captures the healthy, positive feeling you get when spending time in nature and when consuming Australia’s Own certified-organic, plant-based beverages. As well as featuring […]