When flying Air Koryo, make sure you don’t crumble up a newspaper bearing the image of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, take a photograph during your flight or eat the food.
The North Korean airline has been voted worst in the world by UK-based SkyTrax consultancy agency for the fourth year running. Air Koryo is the only carrier to have been awarded just one star in the rankings of more than 180 airlines.
The Skytrax World Airline awards focuses on service and in-flight experience, something which Air Koryo is lacking.
Some of the SkyTrax Reviews for Air Koryo:
- “Interesting airplane (TU204) and very likely the first and last time I fly a Russian built plane (not a lot operated where I spend most of my time). Flight to North-hard and bumpy landing.”
- “We had a reasonable amount of space and the staff were smartly dressed and friendly. The food was a burger with a mystery meat inside which was not very nice and I did not finish it.”
- “You’d be hard pressed to find a team less interested in not only the well being but the safety of the passengers.”
- “Interesting to say the least. Outbound was oldest plane I have ever seen in my life (Il-62) and literally falling apart at the seams. Propaganda handed out announcements regarding how this flight was made possible by the dear leader etc. “
- “I was fairly disappointed by the service however was amused when both pilots came around to say hello to the dignataries with me presumably leaving the aircraft on autopilot anyway! “
On the opposite side of the spectrum, Qantas was one of the top airlines during the Skytrax Awards. Qantas was also named the best airline in the Pacific region and won the award for best premium economy class airline catering. Virgin won the award for best staff in the Pacific.
Union, WPP AUNZ’s bespoke national group model created to service Bankwest, has launched a new national brand campaign for the visual-style terms and conditions the financial institution developed with the University of WA in a bid to make T&Cs more engaging for customers. Bankwest has rolled out visual terms and conditions for its Bankwest Easy […]
Adland doesn't appear to function much before 11am, so it's hats off to these early birds who had to set the alarm.
The first ever web series to be funded by both Screen Australia and Film Victoria for TikTok, will launch on May 17. Produced by Hayley Adams and Michelle Melky, and directed by Logan Mucha, Scattered is a new queer drama comprised of 38 x 1-minute daily eps. It follows three best friends, Jules, Sami and […]
Schwartz Media will extend its audio offering with a new culture podcast. Building on the success of its flagship daily news podcast 7am, and it’s growing arts and culture coverage, Schwartz Media is launching new podcast The Culture at the end of the month. Award-winning journalist, editor of 7am and pop-culture obsessive Osman Faruqi will […]
Building a connection with existing customers is just as integral to any marketing strategy as winning new ones, but how do we turn customers into spokespeople for our brands? By Peggy de Lange, VP of international expansion at Fiverr It’s a well-known rule of thumb that it costs 5-times more to get a new customer […]
In the next instalment of the ‘Proudly Ordinary’ campaign for Tooheys Extra Dry, Lion and 72andSunny continue their partnership with work from Vice and Aaron Gocs (Gocsy). Gocsy is a beloved icon of Australian outsider comedy who creates content for Vice and his own broadcast channels. As part of the highly successful ‘Proudly Ordinary’ brand […]