Nova 100’s Meshel & Tommy will bring comedy to the suburbs when their Local Comedy Tour kicks off again.
Nova is synonymous with comedy, with the station enjoying a long term partnership with the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Last year Tommy Little came up with the idea to make comedy accessible to everyone by putting on a series of free suburban comedy shows.
This year Little has again roped in his comedian mates to take the laughs out of the city and into the suburbs, allowing Nova listeners to enjoy some of country’s best comedians for free. Tony Martin, Anne Edmonds, Harley Breen, Lawrence Mooney, Nazeem Hussain and Karl Chandler are among the comedians who will join Tommy Little during Meshel & Tommy’s Local Comedy Tour.
Little said, “Last year about this time we did something great, we chucked comedians into cars and hit the road. We drove about 45 minutes in each direction North, East, South and West and put on some shows in beautiful theatres and we thought let’s do it again. We have some of the best comedians in the country with Tony Martin, Nazeem Hussain, Lawrence Mooney and Dave O’Neil all headlining and the tickets are on us!”
This Thursday, Meshel & Tommy’s Local Comedy Tour will kick off in Werribee before heading to Dandenong, South Morang and Upwey over the next few weeks.
- Thursday 15 October – Wyndham Cultural Centre, Werribee
- Tommy Little, Anne Edmonds, Harley Breen and headliner Tony Martin
- Friday 23 October at The Drum Theatre, Dandenong
- Tommy Little, Harley Breen, Anne Edmonds and headliner Nazeem Hussain
- Thursday 29 October at Plenty Ranges Arts and Convention Centre, South Morang
- Tommy Little, Aunty Donna, Anne Edmonds and headliner Lawrence Mooney
- Thursday 5 November at Burrinja Cultural Centre, Upwey
- Tommy Little, Anne Edmonds, Karl Chandler and headliner Dave O’Neil
Listeners can win tickets to the local comedy gig of their choice by listening to Meshel & Tommy weekdays from 6am to 9am or by registering at novafm.com.au.