Leo Burnett Worldwide has unveiled its 32nd annual Cannes Predictions, a list that forecasts the top 20 contenders – with a near 90 per cent accuracy – for the industry’s most prestigious global awards.
The 66th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity will be held in Cannes, France, from June 17-21, 2019.
Leo Burnett Worldwide executive chairman and global CCO Mark Tutssel created this year’s list for the 17th consecutive year.
Tutssel has served as jury president at Cannes five times and has earned more than 600 Cannes Lions throughout his career.
Each year, certain global industry trends emerge. This year, four key trends have emerged, including: brand bravery; mixed realities; acts, not ads, reign; and data that moves.
Unfortunately, no Aussie agencies made this year’s list, but that’s not to say an Aussie won’t scoop up a win!
You can check out the full list of the top 20 Cannes contenders below.
- Nike “Just Do It ‘Dream Crazy’“– Wieden + Kennedy (Portland, USA)
- Pernod Ricard – Ruavieja “The Time We Have Left” — Leo Burnett (Madrid, Spain)
- John Lewis & Partners “The Boy and the Piano“– Adam&eveDDB (London, UK)
- Chicken Ramen “Akuma No Kimura”– Dentsu Inc. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Mars Wrigley Confectionary – Skittles “Broadway the Rainbow“– DDB (Chicago, USA)
- Amazon Prime “Great Shows Stay With You“– Droga5 (London, UK)
- Centre Pompidou “Souvenirs de Paris“– Marcel (Paris, France)
- Burger King “Whopper Detour“– FCB (New York, USA)
- Essity “Viva La Vulva“– AMV BBDO (London, UK)
- The New York Public Library “Insta Novels“– Mother (New York, USA)
- HBO “Westworld: The Maze“– 360i (New York, USA)
- Kraft Heinz – Country Time Lemonade “Legal-Ade” — Leo Burnett (Chicago, USA)
- Adidas “Billie Jean King Your Shoes“– TBWA\Chiat\Day (New York, USA)
- Shiseido “My Crayon Project“– R/GA (Tokyo, Japan)
- IKEA “Museum of Romanticism“– McCann (Madrid, Spain)
- Microsoft Xbox “Football Decoded“– McCann (London, UK)
- FELGTB “The Hidden Flag”– LOLA MullenLowe (Madrid, Spain)
- The New York Times “The Truth Is Worth It“– Droga5 (New York, USA)
- Carlings “adDRESS the Future“– VIRTUE (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Netflix “Narcos The Censor’s Cut“– J. Walter Thompson (Bangkok, Thailand)