Gumtree Australia has launched a new brand positioning campaign – Buy. Sell. Win. The new campaign brings to life Gumtree’s position as a vibrant online marketplace that helps Australians to buy and sell locally.
Since launching in 2007, Gumtree has grown to become one of Australia’s favourite digital destinations with 4.5 million people visiting the site every month and over two million live ads. In 2008 Gumtree launched its first TV commercial that prompted Australians to turn their stuff into cash. Now in 2015, Gumtree is refreshing its positioning after undertaking extensive research into its core audience.
The Buy. Sell. Win. campaign is the result of this research with insights showing that Gumtree users are driven by the joy of winning, whether it’s by sourcing a unique one-of-a-kind gem or grabbing the best deal.
Sara McConkey, head of marketing and PR at Gumtree Australia, said “Buy. Sell. Win. highlights the benefits of buying and selling on Gumtree by depicting the ‘wins’ people can have through using the site.”
Additionally, McConkey added, “The Buy. Sell. Win. communication takes a light-hearted look at users’ personal motivations, demonstrating the broader opportunity to get ahead with Gumtree. Both tonally and visually, the work represents a new direction for the brand.”
The fully integrated campaign, which runs until mid-September, includes 45’’, 30’’ and 15’’ TV commercials and a suite of OOH and online executions created by DDB Sydney, with media buying from PHD, and social and PR strategy by Edelman Australia.
The 30’’ television commercial can be viewed below:
DDB Group Sydney
- Chief Creative Officer: Toby Talbot
- Creative Partner: Pete Galmes
- Creative Team: Anna Paine & Owen Bryson
- Lead Designer: Domenic Bartolo
- Managing Partner: Kate Sheppard
- Senior Business Director: Topher Jones
- Planning Director: Anna Bollinger
- TV Production: Caroline David & Claire Seffrin
- Director: Steve Hudson
- Producer: Marge McInnes
- Business Director: Amy Francis
- Business Planning Director: Kate Milligan
- Investment Manager: Sheetal Nand
- Communication Planner: Dixie Garcia
- Social Media Creative: Pauline Linton
- Community Manager: Matthew Dunn
- Community Manager: Hannah Shields
- Strategist: Julian Frundt
- Senior Account Manager: Kate Spencer
- Senior Account Executive: Debra Hole
- Assistant Account Executive: Harriet Persse