B&T is calling on all the successful, powerful, trailblazing women in the media industry. We want you!
Nominations are open now for the prestigious Women in Media Power List.
The team at B&T have already formed a list of some of the top female talent in Australia which you can view below. However, if there is a woman who isn’t there and who you believe is a cut above the rest and deserves to be, make sure to vote for them in the survey at the bottom.
It could be a colleague, your boss, or even yourself. We want to hear from you.
Once nominations close and we have the combined list of women, we throw it over to our judges to select their top picks, thus arriving at the final 30.
Entries for nominations to the Women in Media Power List will close on 5pm AEST on Monday 3 July, so get cracking on your nominations now!
Here’s our contenders for the Women in Media Power List for 2017:
- Adriana Colaneri – managing director, The Story Lab
- Aimee Buchanan – chief executive, OMD Australia
- Aleisha McCall – founder and managing director, Ultimate Edge
- Alison Rice – group publisher of women’s lifestyle, Allure Media
- Annie Parker – co-founder, muru-D/ director, Code Club Australia/ CEO, Lighthouse Sydney
- Bec Brideson – founder and executive creative director, Venus Comms
- Carolyn Bollaci – managing director (APAC), Innovid
- Carolyn Mackintosh – creative director, Clemenger
- Catherine Krantz – general manager, Carat Melbourne
- Cathy O’Connor – CEO, Nova Entertainment
- Charmaine Moldrich – chief executive, Outdoor Media Association
- Christina Aventi – executive planning director, BMF
- Claire Salvetti – managing director, One Green Bean
- Corrie McLeod – CEO, Hello Espresso
- Deanne Weir – managing director of content aggregation and wholesale, Foxtel
- Dee Madigan – executive creative director, Campaign Edge
- Donna Hay – founder, Donna Hay Pty Ltd
- Edwina McCann – editor-in-chief, Vogue
- Ellie Rogers – head of agency sales, Facebook
- Emily Perrett – managing director, Clemenger BBDO
- Esther Carlsen – managing director, Xaxis Australia & New Zealand and Acxiom
- Fiorella Di Santo – director of sales, Bauer Media
- Gaye Steele – former chief marketing officer, Mad Mex Australia
- Helen Black – national head of strategic planning, News Corp Australia
- Ita Buttrose – co-host, Studio 10 (Ten Network)/ managing director, Chief Executive Women
- Jackie Frank – general manager, Pacific Magazines
- Jane Caro – owner, Jara Consulting
- Jayne Ferguson – general manager of women’s lifestyle and entertainment, Bauer Media
- Jane Sullivan – managing partner (Brisbane) MEC
- Janine Wood – general manager, APN Outdoor
- Jenny Willits – managing director (Sydney), J.Walter Thompson
- Joan Warner – CEO, Commercial Radio Australia
- Joanne Gray – editor, BOSS (Australian Financial Review)
- Jodie Sangster – chief executive, ADMA
- Joe Pollard – group managing director of media and marketing, Telstra
- Karen Halligan – managing director, ZenithOptimedia Group
- Karly Leach – managing director, MaxusWomen in Media Women in Medi
- Kat Thomas – founder and global executive creative director, One Green Bean
- Katie Rigg-Smith – CEO, Mindshare
- Katy Websdell – managing director, Maxus
- Kieran Moore – CEO, Ogilvy PR Australia/ CEO of PR and public affairs, WPP AUNZ
- Kim Portrate – CEO, Think TV
- Kimberlee Wells – CEO, TBWA Melbourne
- Kirsty Muddle – founding partner, Cummins&Partners
- Kylie Rogers – managing director, Mamamia Women’s Network
- Lara Brownlow – head of agency, LinkedIn
- Lauren Williams – CEO, CarsGuide.com.au
- Lee Tonitto – chief executiver, AMI
- Lindy Olsen – group editor-in-chief and head of operations, Challenger Media Group
- Lizzie Young – director of innovation, partnerships and experience, Nine Entertainment Co
- Mandi Gunsberger – founder and CEO, Babyology
- Margaret Zabel – vice president of marketing, McDonald’s Australia
- Margie Reid – managing director, OMDMelbourne
- Maria Grivas – head of digital, UM
- Melinda Geertz – CEO (Melbourne), Leo Burnett
- Mia Freedman – co-founder and content director, Mamamia
- Mim Haysom – general manager, M&C Saatchi
- Monique Perry – head of media industry group (Australia), Nielsen
- Nicole Boyd – chief client officer, Mediacom
- Nicole Byers – editor-in-chief, The Australian Women’s Weekly (Bauer Media Group)
- Nicole McInnes – marketing director, eHarmony
- Nicole Sheffield – chief digital officer, News Corp Australia
- Nicole Taylor – managing director DDB Sydney
- Nicole Turley – chief investment officer, MediaCom
- Olivia Wirth – group executive of brand, marketing and corporate affairs, Qantas
- Penelope Holloway – general manager, Hill & Knowlton
- Richenda Vermeulen – founder and director, Ntegrity
- Robi Stanton – vice president and general manager, Turner International
- Robyn Foyster – publisher, TheCarousel.com
- Rose Herceg – chief strategy officer, WPP AUNZ Group
- Sarah Wyse – chief revenue officer, Allure Media & founder of Wyse Women
- Sophie Madden – CEO, Media Federation of Australia
- Sophie Price – chief strategy officer, UM
- Sunita Gloster – chief commercial officer, Ten Network
- Susan Searle – president, IDG Communications
- Tara Mckenty – creative director (APAC), Google
- Tina Walsberger – head of marketing and customer service, Sydney Festival
- Tori Benzie – head of digital partnerships, Multi Channel Network
- Tracey Fellows – chief executive, REA Group
- Virginia Hyland – founder and principal, HM Communication Group
- Vittoria Shortt – group executive of marketing and strategy, Commonwealth Bank
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Can female judges of the awards enter the Power List?
A: Yes, so long as when judging rolls around, you do not vote for yourself.
Q: Is the Power List a popularity contest?
A: No, each person is only entered once and a panel of external judges form the Power List based on the nominees.
Q: How do you judge the Power List?
A: Once the nominations close, we hand the total list over to a stack of judges on the judging panel and they whittle it down to the top 30.
Q: Do you have to be CEO to get on the Power List?
A: No you don’t – you just have to be deemed an influential female in the industry by our judges so everyone’s got a chance!
Do you know a powerful, successful woman who deserves to be on this list?
To submit your nomination, simply fill out this form.