The Marketing Academy Australia has announced the 30 marketing executives selected for the 2019 Scholarship Programme.
Following the Academy’s expansion into the USA last year and now entering its fifth year in Australia, there are over 500 alumni of their programmes around the world.
This year, the selection process saw over 400 emerging leaders from client-side brands, media owners and agencies compete for just 30 scholarship places.
The programme is designed to utilise the collective knowledge of the industry to develop their skills and prepare them for their journey towards senior and board level business leaders.
It includes one-to-one mentoring with a line up of over 50 board level executives, which this year includes: Barni Evans CEO of Sportsbet, Lisa Ronson CMO of Coles, Euan Smith COO of Foxtel, Jenni Dill CMO of McDonalds and Michael Rebelo CEO of Publicis Groupe.
In addition to the mentoring, scholars are each assigned an executive coach, attend three residential ‘Boot Camps’ and experience lectures hosted by renowned subject matter experts.
The Marketing Academy founder Sherilyn Shackell said: “I’m always thrilled to see the quality of the marketing talent in Australia and deeply grateful that we are supported by so many companies and individuals in Australia.
“At a time when trust is low in every context and the need for results has never been higher it’s so exciting to see the entire industry unite in developing the leaders of our future in such an egalitarian, collaborative and generous way”.
Here’s the line up of The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Class of 2019:
- Adam Beaupeurt, CEO, BBE
- Adam Furness, Managing Director, Impact
- Adam Hamilton, Innovation & New Ventures Lead, Glanbia Performance Nutrition
- Alexandra Lowes, Global Manager, Media & Partnerships Mktg, Tourism Australia
- Amanda Byrne, Chief Experience Office, Scenic World
- An Le, Group Marketing Manager Mobile, Samsung
- Anna Bay, Executive Manager Group Strategy & Mktg, CBA
- Bryan Wilmot, Head of Strategy, VMLY&R
- Catherine Bowe, Industry Marketing Manager, Facebook
- Celia Wright, Client Services Director, Ikon Communications
- Claire West, Senior Manager Westpac Brand, Westpac Banking Group
- Danni Dimitri, Strategy Director, Havas Media
- David Currie, Sponsorship Manager, Seven Network Operations
- Jo Higgins, Integrated Marketing Lead, IAG
- Justin Carew, Creative Director, McCann Sydney
- Kathryn Furnari, Group Business Director, PHD Media
- Linda Monique, Founder, Almo
- Loan Morris, Commercial Director, iNC Digital Media
- Mark Echo, Media Director, Bohemia Group
- Mark Wiedermann, Director, Planning & Inventions, Frucor Suntory
- Michelle Grigg, Marketing Manager, Powershop Australia
- Nigel Seeto, Marketing Director, Ancestry.com
- Paul Everson, Managing Director, JWT
- Richelle Barker, Marketing Director, Electrolux
- Serge Costi, Marketing Manager, Lion Co
- Skye Rugless, Head of Subscriptions, News Corp Australia
- Stephanie Dore-Smith, Senior Marketing Manager, Crown Resorts Limited
- Victoria Brennan, Social & Technology Director, Wavemaker
- Zoe Cocker, Head of Brand, Oath
- Zoe Hayes, Head of Hardware Marketing, Google
Please login with linkedin to commentThe Marketing Academy Australia
Swinburne University of Technology has launched a series of Bootcamp Graduate Certificate courses, developed in partnership with FourthRev. The courses, an Australian-first, will upskill career changers and provide students the capabilities required to thrive in the digital economy. They are available on-campus and through its online arm, Swinburne Online. Alongside completing projects which will emulate […]
PayPal has partnered with Welcome to Country, Australia’s first Indigenous-led not-for-profit marketplace, which showcases businesses that support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Welcome to Country launched in 2019, providing an online platform for Indigenous experience providers across tours, day treks, scenic flights, bush food, festivals, art and cultural experiences. When the pandemic hit, the […]
Former liberal politician and female icon Julie Bishop has further cemented her celebrity status by scoring her very own Barbie doll. According to The Sydney Morning Herald, Barbie creators Mattel, created the Barbie doll in Bishop’s likeness to honour her achievements. Unfortunately, the Julie Bishop Barbie won’t be for sale. Instead, the one-off doll was […]
Full-service digital marketing agency Whitehat Agency has launched its new website and branding, with the end-to-end project delivered by its own team of experienced in-house website designers, developers and UX specialists. After a challenging 2020, Whitehat Agency has experienced a very positive 2021 to date, onboarding nine new clients including The Dog Mum, Handpicked Wines, Compost […]
Award-winning house and land provider, Thrive Homes has launched a new brand campaign to encourage homebuyers worried about the complicated process of building a new home to say 'no' to stress and 'yes' to an efficient, more affordable new home without compromising quality by making 'The Clever Choice' and choosing Thrive.
Fast-growing fintech startup DiviPay has announced the appointment of one of Australia’s most influential and reputable public figures in the accounting world, Trent McLaren, as its head of accounting. The move will enable Divipay to expand its reach into the accounting industry, with the aim of growing its business customer base. DiviPay, Australia’s first virtual […]
Independent agency Adhesive has been appointed the public relations agency of record in Australia for the Domain Group, a leading property technology and services marketplace. The appointment will see Adhesive support PR & communications and campaign media activity for Domain, across consumer, corporate and B2B market remits. Adhesive will work closely with Domain’s in-house communications, […]
Sean Szeps is a gay father and a proud member of the LGBTQIA+ community who believes he does not know enough about those within his community that have different gender and sexual identities to his own. Feeling compelled to explore the unique experiences of every member of the community, Szeps’ new podcast, Come Out Wherever […]