The Marketing Academy Australia has announced the 30 marketing executives selected for the 2019 Scholarship Programme.
Following the Academy’s expansion into the USA last year and now entering its fifth year in Australia, there are over 500 alumni of their programmes around the world.
This year, the selection process saw over 400 emerging leaders from client-side brands, media owners and agencies compete for just 30 scholarship places.
The programme is designed to utilise the collective knowledge of the industry to develop their skills and prepare them for their journey towards senior and board level business leaders.
It includes one-to-one mentoring with a line up of over 50 board level executives, which this year includes: Barni Evans CEO of Sportsbet, Lisa Ronson CMO of Coles, Euan Smith COO of Foxtel, Jenni Dill CMO of McDonalds and Michael Rebelo CEO of Publicis Groupe.
In addition to the mentoring, scholars are each assigned an executive coach, attend three residential ‘Boot Camps’ and experience lectures hosted by renowned subject matter experts.
The Marketing Academy founder Sherilyn Shackell said: “I’m always thrilled to see the quality of the marketing talent in Australia and deeply grateful that we are supported by so many companies and individuals in Australia.
“At a time when trust is low in every context and the need for results has never been higher it’s so exciting to see the entire industry unite in developing the leaders of our future in such an egalitarian, collaborative and generous way”.
Here’s the line up of The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Class of 2019:
- Adam Beaupeurt, CEO, BBE
- Adam Furness, Managing Director, Impact
- Adam Hamilton, Innovation & New Ventures Lead, Glanbia Performance Nutrition
- Alexandra Lowes, Global Manager, Media & Partnerships Mktg, Tourism Australia
- Amanda Byrne, Chief Experience Office, Scenic World
- An Le, Group Marketing Manager Mobile, Samsung
- Anna Bay, Executive Manager Group Strategy & Mktg, CBA
- Bryan Wilmot, Head of Strategy, VMLY&R
- Catherine Bowe, Industry Marketing Manager, Facebook
- Celia Wright, Client Services Director, Ikon Communications
- Claire West, Senior Manager Westpac Brand, Westpac Banking Group
- Danni Dimitri, Strategy Director, Havas Media
- David Currie, Sponsorship Manager, Seven Network Operations
- Jo Higgins, Integrated Marketing Lead, IAG
- Justin Carew, Creative Director, McCann Sydney
- Kathryn Furnari, Group Business Director, PHD Media
- Linda Monique, Founder, Almo
- Loan Morris, Commercial Director, iNC Digital Media
- Mark Echo, Media Director, Bohemia Group
- Mark Wiedermann, Director, Planning & Inventions, Frucor Suntory
- Michelle Grigg, Marketing Manager, Powershop Australia
- Nigel Seeto, Marketing Director, Ancestry.com
- Paul Everson, Managing Director, JWT
- Richelle Barker, Marketing Director, Electrolux
- Serge Costi, Marketing Manager, Lion Co
- Skye Rugless, Head of Subscriptions, News Corp Australia
- Stephanie Dore-Smith, Senior Marketing Manager, Crown Resorts Limited
- Victoria Brennan, Social & Technology Director, Wavemaker
- Zoe Cocker, Head of Brand, Oath
- Zoe Hayes, Head of Hardware Marketing, Google