During an exclusive party hosted by Commonwealth Bank, The Marketing Academy Australia announced the cohort of marketing executives selected for the fourth year of its coveted Scholarship Programme.
Following a rigorous three-stage selection process that included more than 300 nominations, over 100 ‘pitches’ and 60 face-to-face interviews, The Marketing Academy has unveiled the 30 emerging leaders from client-side brands, media owners and agencies selected to attend its 2018 Scholarship Programme.
This free but highly-selective leadership programme for talented brand, media and agency leaders is designed to develop the scholars’ leadership skills and prepare them for their journey towards board-level business leaders.
Speaking of the selection process, academy dounder Sherilyn Shackell said: “The quality of talent in Australia is remarkable. As we enter our fourth year, the standard of applications continue to raise the bar.
“Whilst this is great to see, it also means that our job of selecting the just 30 becomes even harder. I’d like to say a huge thank you the industry CEOs and CMOs who nominated such an amazing array of talent this year.”
The prestigious Scholarship Programme, sponsored again in 2018 by Google, Commonwealth Bank, News Corp Australia, Microsoft, and PwC, includes one-to-one mentoring sessions with Australia’s most experienced industry leaders.
Each year, the line-up of mentors who donate their time to invest in the scholars reads like a who’s who of the industry, and includes Mark Lollback, Monique Macleod, Damian Eales, Therese Kallie, John Steedman, Stephanie Tully, Andy Lark, and Brent Smart.
In addition the mentoring, scholars are each assigned an executive coach, attend three residential boot camps packed with inspirational speakers, and experience four lectures hosted by recognised subject matter experts.
Here is The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Class of 2018:
- Adam Slattery – head of media, brand and communications, Woolworths BWS
- Alex Conomos – marketing manager, SBS
- Alison Tilling – co-head of planning, BMF
- Andrew Kolb – head of strategy, Y&R Brisbane
- Anna College – head of creative management, Ikon Communications
- Anshika Grover – associate director, Optus
- Brooke Tierney – head of marketing, Monde Nissin
- Chiquita King – managing partner, DDB Sydney
- Ciaran Norris – director of marketing and business insights, American Express
- Danni Wright – group strategy director, Carat
- Declan O’Dwyer – group director, UM
- Dorothee Gomez – business director, OMD Australia
- Evonne Williams – marketing communications manager, Simplot
- Hannah Sturrock – group head, The Hallway
- James Boardman – national head of strategy, MEC
- Jules Lund – founder, Tribe Group
- Kammeron George – general manager of consumer sales and marketing, News Corp
- Katrina White – SMB customer program manager, Microsoft
- Kelly Tagalan – general manager, Code Club Australia
- Laura Johnson – marketing director, Xref
- Lucio Ribeiro – managing director, Online Digital Circle
- Martin Curtis – head of performance agencies, Google
- Mitchell Parkins – head of sponsorships, Sportsbet
- Mollie Hill – strategy director, 72andSunny
- Myriam Conrie – head of communications and marketing, Museum of Contemporary Art
- Nicky Bryson – brand strategy lead, PwC
- Richard Woods – group account director, Naked
- Sarah Jane Knox – marketing capability leader, Lion Beer
- Sarah Murdoch – global marketing director, Jurlique
- Tamara Carson – executive manager of small business marketing, CBA
Looking to entice a more progressive audience into the Coopers family, Australia’s largest independent brewery has released a limited edition Hazy IPA. The product has launched via a national OOH and digital campaign in collaboration with Melbourne creative agency, TABOO. TABOO is behind the exciting new illustrative can design, inspired by the Australian landscape. The […]
Ben & Jerry’s has unveiled their latest limited-edition flavour: Unfudge our Future, to urge Australia’s leaders to tackle climate change by making fossil fuels history. The launch aligns with the Federal Government’s preparation of a history-making economic reboot in the upcoming October Budget, with Ben & Jerry’s joining forces with 350.org Australia and the Climate […]
BRITA Australia is today proud to reveal its latest national campaign, ‘Get Your Jugs Out’, starring Australian comedian, Celeste Barber. The quirky campaign encourages Australians to make the switch from bottled water to great tasting filtered tap water, using a BRITA filter jug at home, with the creative brought to life with Celeste’s cheeky, yet relatable sense of humour.
Twitter is saying ‘bye to the reply guys’, allowing users to control who can reply to their Tweets. ‘Reply guys’ have long been an issue on the social media app, where users (often anonymous) frequently comment on posts in an annoying, condescending or otherwise unsolicited manner. Twitter first put these users on notice in May […]
The Virtual Conference Network, an Australian-founded disruptive alternative to video conferencing, has today launched to provide risk mitigation, improved flexibility, new post-event revenue streams, and optimal cost-effectiveness to conference organisers, business leaders and peak bodies. With over 20 years of first-hand experience with the high-risk and costly ways of delivering traditional conferences, co-founders Alex Paine […]
Medallia has appointed Heather Paterson as its new ANZ country manager to drive further growth across Australia and New Zealand. With a strong sales performance and leadership background, Paterson joins Medallia as ANZ country manager following more than seven years with leading SaaS financial technology provider, Intralinks, where she was most recently director for Asia […]
Integral Ad Science (IAS) today announced the launch of “Channel Science”, an industry-leading partnership between Channel Factory and IAS. The Channel Science solution helps advertisers to leverage both companies’ technologies through a single product to ensure their YouTube campaigns are brand-safe, brand-suitable, and performance-optimized. More than ever before, advertisers are searching for ways to streamline their media buying and improve […]