During an exclusive party hosted by Commonwealth Bank, The Marketing Academy Australia announced the cohort of marketing executives selected for the fourth year of its coveted Scholarship Programme.
Following a rigorous three-stage selection process that included more than 300 nominations, over 100 ‘pitches’ and 60 face-to-face interviews, The Marketing Academy has unveiled the 30 emerging leaders from client-side brands, media owners and agencies selected to attend its 2018 Scholarship Programme.
This free but highly-selective leadership programme for talented brand, media and agency leaders is designed to develop the scholars’ leadership skills and prepare them for their journey towards board-level business leaders.
Speaking of the selection process, academy dounder Sherilyn Shackell said: “The quality of talent in Australia is remarkable. As we enter our fourth year, the standard of applications continue to raise the bar.
“Whilst this is great to see, it also means that our job of selecting the just 30 becomes even harder. I’d like to say a huge thank you the industry CEOs and CMOs who nominated such an amazing array of talent this year.”
The prestigious Scholarship Programme, sponsored again in 2018 by Google, Commonwealth Bank, News Corp Australia, Microsoft, and PwC, includes one-to-one mentoring sessions with Australia’s most experienced industry leaders.
Each year, the line-up of mentors who donate their time to invest in the scholars reads like a who’s who of the industry, and includes Mark Lollback, Monique Macleod, Damian Eales, Therese Kallie, John Steedman, Stephanie Tully, Andy Lark, and Brent Smart.
In addition the mentoring, scholars are each assigned an executive coach, attend three residential boot camps packed with inspirational speakers, and experience four lectures hosted by recognised subject matter experts.
Here is The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Class of 2018:
- Adam Slattery – head of media, brand and communications, Woolworths BWS
- Alex Conomos – marketing manager, SBS
- Alison Tilling – co-head of planning, BMF
- Andrew Kolb – head of strategy, Y&R Brisbane
- Anna College – head of creative management, Ikon Communications
- Anshika Grover – associate director, Optus
- Brooke Tierney – head of marketing, Monde Nissin
- Chiquita King – managing partner, DDB Sydney
- Ciaran Norris – director of marketing and business insights, American Express
- Danni Wright – group strategy director, Carat
- Declan O’Dwyer – group director, UM
- Dorothee Gomez – business director, OMD Australia
- Evonne Williams – marketing communications manager, Simplot
- Hannah Sturrock – group head, The Hallway
- James Boardman – national head of strategy, MEC
- Jules Lund – founder, Tribe Group
- Kammeron George – general manager of consumer sales and marketing, News Corp
- Katrina White – SMB customer program manager, Microsoft
- Kelly Tagalan – general manager, Code Club Australia
- Laura Johnson – marketing director, Xref
- Lucio Ribeiro – managing director, Online Digital Circle
- Martin Curtis – head of performance agencies, Google
- Mitchell Parkins – head of sponsorships, Sportsbet
- Mollie Hill – strategy director, 72andSunny
- Myriam Conrie – head of communications and marketing, Museum of Contemporary Art
- Nicky Bryson – brand strategy lead, PwC
- Richard Woods – group account director, Naked
- Sarah Jane Knox – marketing capability leader, Lion Beer
- Sarah Murdoch – global marketing director, Jurlique
- Tamara Carson – executive manager of small business marketing, CBA
Leading independent media agency, Avenue C, is thrilled to announce the appointment of Paula Lopes as Digital Director. Paula, a seasoned professional with over 17 years experience in the media industry, joins Avenue C from her role as Chief Operations Manager of KINESSO (merger of Reprise, Matterkind, and Kinesso specialities).
oOh!media brought together more than 260 of its sales, operations, commercial, marketing, finance and leadership teams last week for its national annual revenue and growth conference. Held over two days at the picturesque Rydges Resort in Hunter Valley, the event ‘Fusing people and performance’ focussed on how to build a high-performance mindset and how it […]
Free TV has welcomed the federal government’s ongoing commitment to ensuring that all Australians can access their local free television services on connected TVs through the introduction of legislation to implement a prominence framework in coming days. Free TV CEO Bridget Fair (lead image) said: “Right now, Australian viewers are being steered in the direction […]
New-generation media agency 27 Degrees Media has been appointed to manage digital media for national tyre retailer Tyreright in one of its first Australian client signings. Lead Image: Loan Morris – 27 Degrees Media CEO Under the partnership, 27 Degrees Media will be responsible for all digital media strategy, planning and buying, along with influencer […]
Brisbane performance agency farsiight has announced the launch of its new market positioning, Growth for Good, in response to a changing business landscape, marking a departure from a “growth at all costs” mentality that has defined the industry in recent years. Agency founders and brother duo, Josh and Ben Somerville, envision Growth for Good as […]
Australia’s largest privately owned transit media supplier, GoTransit Media Group, now offers unprecedented options for transit advertising in Newcastle – on both land and sea following their successful tender to supply interior advertising inside the popular Stockton Ferries. The national transit media company is already well acquainted with the thriving NSW market, having successfully operated […]
Heritage and People’s Choice have launched People First Bank, the new name for positive change in banking Australia’s largest customer-owned bank has unveiled its new brand, announcing that Heritage and People’s Choice will be unified under the new name of People First Bank. Chairman Michael Cameron said the highly anticipated new brand offered a compelling […]
L’Oréal Groupe Australia and New Zealand have announced one of the largest investments to the Great Barrier Reef Foundation to pioneer new coral restoration efforts in the region. L’Oréal Groupe Australia and New Zealand have announced today a new partnership with the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF), to help coral reefs withstand the devastating impacts […]
Effective immediately, S4Capital’s operating brand Media.Monks, a digital-first marketing and advertising services company, has appointed Matthew Godfrey to lead its APAC Content practice. With over 15 years of experience leading innovative businesses in the Asia-Pacific region, Godfrey will support a best-in-class senior leadership team across the region as EVP, head of content, APAC. He joins […]