A new study has delved into the murky waters of marketer/agency relationships and found that creativity still tops the list for winning new business.
The study, albeit a US one, examined the relationships of some 736 brands and their agencies and found that satisfaction levels in the relationship remained surprisingly high.
Brand strategy firm, Provoke Insights, conducted the study and found that although, typically, agency relationships were good, they could quickly sour over things like responsiveness or access to research.
The chief findings of the study include:
• 36 per cent of brands said they outsourced all their marketing and advertising, while 20 per cent had a mix of in-house and outsourcing.
• Typically (some 67 per cent) of companies that hire ad agencies have 500 or more employees (but again, this was a US study).
• The average brand-agency relationship was five years.
• Some 39 per cent of respondents said they were very satisfied with their relationship with their agency. Fifty-six per cent said they were satisfied, two per cent were dissatisfied and a further three per cent said they were very dissatisfied.
• When it came to what marketers wanted most from a pitch, creativity topped the list (50 per cent). Understanding objectives was next (47 per cent), followed by prior experience in the industry (35 per cent), listening to clients (30 per cent) and cost (27 per cent).
• Costs topped the list as to why a company would put an account in review. That was followed by relationships, access to research, responsiveness, marketing effectiveness and prior experience in the industry. Working style and a change in company leadership were nominated as the least likely reason a marketer would switch its agency.
Please login with linkedin to commentProvoke Insights
Leading Australian market research data brand, RDA Research, provides actionable consumer intelligence to help businesses inform decision making and growth strategies. RDA Research wanted to make its unique consumer data available for addressable digital targeting and required a data onboarding partner to help activate their data in an online environment.
Storytelling agency Enthral has appointed Channel 7 reporter and sports presenter Sean Sowerby as its new senior PR and content manager in Melbourne. Sowerby (pictured) started his award-winning career at 3AW before spending more than 15 years in television. Enthral founder and manager director, Cameron Smith, spoke of the significance of Sowerby joining the agency. […]
This week Nova’s Fitzy & Wippa are celebrating 10 years of their iconic radio show and plenty of famous faces have weighed in on the feat! For Fitzy & Wippa’s 10-year anniversary show they were joined by a bunch of special friends who shared their messages and favourite memories over the last decade. The guys […]
Ever since Google first announced it would be getting rid of third-party cookies on Chrome, digital advertising businesses have been actively sharing their plans for life after cookies. And now programmatic advertising company Blis might have come up with the most creative way to get the message across, in a new video which sees company […]
Integrated Melbourne agency Icon has taken top honours in the 2021 SABRE Awards, winning the coveted Australasian Consultancy of the Year for 2021 along with a host of category and craft awards. Icon led a large field of Australian agencies with a total of three major and seven minor awards, including gold in the cause-related […]
Former agency executives Tim O’Neill and Tim Fouhy have launched the auto technology startup Summon. Australia’s first full e-commerce service for prestige cars. O’Neill and Fouhy both founded Reactive, a digital agency, which was bought by Accenture in 2016. Following the deal, O’Neill and Fouhy ended up leading the company’s digital marketing arm, Accenture Interactive before […]