Leo Burnett Worldwide has unveiled its 32nd annual Cannes Predictions, a list that forecasts the top 20 contenders – with a near 90 per cent accuracy – for the industry’s most prestigious global awards.
The 66th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity will be held in Cannes, France, from June 17-21, 2019.
Leo Burnett Worldwide executive chairman and global CCO Mark Tutssel created this year’s list for the 17th consecutive year.
Tutssel has served as jury president at Cannes five times and has earned more than 600 Cannes Lions throughout his career.
Each year, certain global industry trends emerge. This year, four key trends have emerged, including: brand bravery; mixed realities; acts, not ads, reign; and data that moves.
Unfortunately, no Aussie agencies made this year’s list, but that’s not to say an Aussie won’t scoop up a win!
You can check out the full list of the top 20 Cannes contenders below.
- Nike “Just Do It ‘Dream Crazy’“– Wieden + Kennedy (Portland, USA)
- Pernod Ricard – Ruavieja “The Time We Have Left” — Leo Burnett (Madrid, Spain)
- John Lewis & Partners “The Boy and the Piano“– Adam&eveDDB (London, UK)
- Chicken Ramen “Akuma No Kimura”– Dentsu Inc. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Mars Wrigley Confectionary – Skittles “Broadway the Rainbow“– DDB (Chicago, USA)
- Amazon Prime “Great Shows Stay With You“– Droga5 (London, UK)
- Centre Pompidou “Souvenirs de Paris“– Marcel (Paris, France)
- Burger King “Whopper Detour“– FCB (New York, USA)
- Essity “Viva La Vulva“– AMV BBDO (London, UK)
- The New York Public Library “Insta Novels“– Mother (New York, USA)
- HBO “Westworld: The Maze“– 360i (New York, USA)
- Kraft Heinz – Country Time Lemonade “Legal-Ade” — Leo Burnett (Chicago, USA)
- Adidas “Billie Jean King Your Shoes“– TBWA\Chiat\Day (New York, USA)
- Shiseido “My Crayon Project“– R/GA (Tokyo, Japan)
- IKEA “Museum of Romanticism“– McCann (Madrid, Spain)
- Microsoft Xbox “Football Decoded“– McCann (London, UK)
- FELGTB “The Hidden Flag”– LOLA MullenLowe (Madrid, Spain)
- The New York Times “The Truth Is Worth It“– Droga5 (New York, USA)
- Carlings “adDRESS the Future“– VIRTUE (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Netflix “Narcos The Censor’s Cut“– J. Walter Thompson (Bangkok, Thailand)
Okay, people. It’s time to take us seriously when we say that entries for B&T’s Best of the Best awards close this Friday! The day we’ve been warning you about for weeks is here, and it’s time to get your act together. Head on over HERE and start your submission. On-time entries for Best of the Best will be […]
Australian fashion brand Witchery has partnered with B Corp GlamCorner as part of GlamCorner’s subscription box offering as the demand for everyday essentials soars. This partnership marks another milestone for the Australian fashion industry towards becoming more circular and introducing more paths to reduce textile waste. Customers nationally will be able to rent more of […]
The media, marketing and creative industries are being encouraged to host their own ‘Curry Club for COVID’ before 30th June to help meet the ambitious $100k target set by its organisers. Curry Club for COVID, which was conceived by long-time adtech executive Peter Bray, sales director at Impact, and is powered by industry social purpose organisation […]
The UnLtd Cup is returning for its tenth consecutive year, marking a decade of soccer shenanigans that’s raised nearly $500,000 for children’s mental health charity, KidsXpress. On July 22-23rd, 28 teams from across the industry will battle it out on the soccer field in the two-day tournament at Sydney University Sports and Fitness Centre, Darlington. […]
Canteen’s latest campaign features the combined talents of Director Luna Laure and creative agency Crater. The campaign strives to raise awareness for young people affected by cancer. The awareness campaign centres around Harry Barentson, who at 12 years of age found out his pregnant mum had cancer. The campaign aims to bring awareness to Canteen’s […]
Coca-Cola Australia has rolled out its new campaign ‘Turn Up Your Break’. The campaign will be led by a TVC that encourages people to truly pause with a Coke on their break so they can walk away feeling refreshed and uplifted. The TVC features two busy chefs stepping outside for a break, the bustling kitchen […]