This is a great role for a bright, dynamic video journalist who wants to work with a great bunch of smart people. Combine video ideation and execution.
Mahlab is a multi-award winning content marketing and creative communications agency growing fast and becoming famous for creating #workthatworks. We’re working with some of the world’s largest B2B tech organisations including Salesforce, VMware, Zoom and Australian brands including Prospa and NBN, among others.
We’re a team of strategists, client partners, writers, journalists, designers, social media experts, PR specialists and digital marketers known for content marketing and creative communications that move the needle and get results.
We are headquartered in Sydney, but you don’t have to be! Ideally however, due to travel and time zone commitments you are located in Australia, on the East Coast.
This role is responsible for conceiving and delivering video and related content across our client portfolio. This is a great opportunity for a bright, dynamic video journalist to join us to work across a number of our key accounts.
This role combines ideation and execution. Working alongside the broader content and creative teams, you will contribute to developing multi-format, multi-channel content by ensuring we are always considering how we use video content to support program goals.
As someone who has a great understanding of best-practice video, you will collaborate on all in-house video production efforts, including generating ideas, filming, editing, animating and working with third-party production partners.
The day to day will see you:
- Working closely with our content and client partnership teams to produce best-practice video for multi-channel use – with an emphasis on social channels.
- Contributing to and/or leading video production efforts, including storyboarding, shoot organisation, filming and editing.
- Interpreting client feedback and making updates.
- Reviewing analytics to form insights about video performance.
- Staying up-to-date with best practices for video content in marketing and sharing knowledge with the wider team..
Ideally you will have:
- Strong visual storytelling and video editing skills.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to develop) basic animation, motion graphics and data visualisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make decisions quickly.
- Hands-on, collaborative individual.
- Work experience as a video journalist/producer.
- Developing knowledge of video content’s role in best-practice marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of content marketing initiatives that ensure engagement, brand consistency and KPIs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep curiosity.
Why it’s pretty good here:
- We’re close to public transport links.
- We’re smack-bang in the middle of Balmain’s coffee strip.
- We develop talent in a nurturing and supportive environment.
- We have a fun and flexible office culture with WFH available – up to 50% of hours.
- Wellness Employee Assistance Program – Free, confidential and independent support.
- Free flu vaccinations.
- Gifts & celebration of birthdays, one-, three- and five-year work anniversaries.
- Learning and development training budget.
- A variety of discounts available through our Employment Hero HR platform.
- Office Dog Fridays and an active social committee with regular activities and catch ups.
Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
Check us out: www.mahlab.co
Mahlab is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, colour, race, religion, national origin, disability, or any other protected status recognised under applicable law.
- Job Type
- Negotiable upon experience
For further information
- Andrea Hart