7plus is the leading BVOD (Broadcast Video on Demand) platform where millions of Australians watch their favourite dramas (Big Brother, SAS, Grey’s Anatomy, Home & Away, Good Doctor, Brothers and Sisters) and of course live sport (Supercars, AFL, Golf, NFL, PAC 12, Olympic Games) and so much more. 7NEWS.com.au is the leading news and lifestyle editorial platform for under 40’s. This video led product, at the cutting edge of online video experiences, now reaches out to 9.5M people monthly. We are currently seeking to appoint a Sydney Digital Sales Manager to work as part of our Sales Team, based in Sydney.
Seven is one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading premium video content creation, distribution and commercialisation. Our mission is to bring all Australians closer to the moments that move us – we’re first on the scene, with our finger on the pulse, on demand, in the moment. We’re one team: thinking big, acting sharp and just owning it.
7plus is the leading BVOD (Broadcast Video on Demand) platform where millions of Australians watch their favourite dramas (Big Brother, SAS, Grey’s Anatomy, Home & Away, Good Doctor, Brothers and Sisters) and of course live sport (Supercars, AFL, Golf, NFL, PAC 12, Olympic Games) and so much more.
7NEWS.com.au is the leading news and lifestyle editorial platform for under 40’s. This video led product, at the cutting edge of online video experiences, now reaches out to 9.5M people monthly.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Sydney Digital Sales Manager to work as part of our Sales Team, based in Sydney.
Reporting to the Sydney Head of Digital Sales, the Sydney Sales Manager is a key representative in market. You will be in charge of:
- Leading and developing a team of sales legends including Account Managers, Executives and Coordinators.
- Delivering agreed revenue goals from known agencies, trading desks and clients as well as new business, by effectively leveraging the full portfolio of assets across broadcast, digital and social platforms. This includes the short, medium and long term management of the pipeline, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Negotiation and management of trading deals delivery with a view of repeat business and customer happiness.
- Creating brilliant customer experience. Accountable for the patch’s activity, the Sydney Sales Manager is the custodian of the relationship and financial health for the portfolio of clients. You oversee response to briefs and campaign management and deliver all planned and booked client activity. You ensure all stakeholders (both internal and external) are aligned to deliver and exceed expectations with a view to achieving repeat business. This includes an all-encompassing business and engagement plan.
- Support other teams (Sports, Partnerships, Broadcast Sales, Commercial Product, Advertising Operations, Data and Pricing) by providing an accurate market lens on all aspects of those functions and supporting them in delivering their own objectives.
- Building exceptional relationships that lead to growth. Build robust long-lasting relationships with marketers, media agencies, trading desks, technical and research vendors. Build strong internal partnerships to ensure seamless execution through collaboration.
- Reporting. Provide reports and information for the broader Sales Departments, sales management and network.
To be successful for this role, you will ideally have:
- Minimum 8+ years of Digital Media sales experience, preferably publisher side, operating at a mid-senior level.
- A collaborative attitude and the will to contribute to an already very strong culture.
- Experience in selling directly and programmatically BVOD, editorial video, display, integrated campaigns
- Comprehensive understanding of current and future landscape and applications of data for marketers including upcoming changes from both regulators and platforms.
- Experience in selling Australian Premium content, codes and/or events.
- Experience in senior level stakeholder relationships and negotiations.
- Experience in overseeing Campaign Managers and Sales Executives to ensure completion of all revenue and campaign-related tasks such as proposals, campaign reports etc.
- A solid understanding of web, mobile, native, data, ad tech and analytics/reporting platforms in the digital media industry.
- Understanding of best practice around ad sales, delivering and reporting to Clients/Agencies.
- Stellar attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of Nielsen DCR and DAR / OzTam VPM / Google Analytics / SSPs / DSPs / DMPs
- Keeping up to date with industry development and providing thought leadership.
In return, we will provide you with:
- The most amazing team of legends you can find in this market. We are curious, innovative, hungry and passionate about media.
- Professional development opportunities through Seven’s Mentoring and Performance & Development programs
- A reward and recognition program
- Generous corporate discounts at a range of retail, tech and health & fitness facilities
To be successful in this position you will be a professional who has extensive experience in a similar sales role and understand the business of digital. You will also possess outstanding interpersonal, communication and networking skills, be results orientated and driven to achieve sales targets.
The Seven Network is part of Seven West Media, one of Australia’s most prominent media companies, with a market leading presence in content across broadcast television, online and in print. Comprising some of Australia’s most renowned media brands, SWM includes not just Seven Network and its affiliate channels 7two, 7mate, 7flix and BVOD offering 7plus, but also 7NEWS.com.au, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and more.
- Job Type
- Determined based on experience
For further information
- People and Culture