Rare Creative, Medium Rare’s commercial content studio, is expanding and we are looking for an innovative Strategy Manager to join our team. Working closely with our Strategy and Insights Director, you will develop media and branded content strategies across the business and for advertising partnerships.
This is a highly varied role, with lots of room for growth and integral to our commercial success. You will:
- Drive strategic positioning and direction for high-value advertising responses
- Develop commercial sponsorships that allow advertisers to connect closer to key audiences
- Support the executive management team on new business tenders and campaign client pitches
The successful applicant will have strategy experience from either media owner or media agency side.
- Motivated to perform at the highest level and contribute to commercial success. You enjoy when clients say you’ve read their minds with strategic thinking.
- Excellent at the entire pitch process and adept at interrogating client briefs, identifying the right consumer and macro market insights, conceptualising and writing best in class responses, and persuasive with your presentation skills
- Able to develop a clear strategic direction to lead responses. You simplify data and insights to help editors and creative directors come up with winning ideas and concepts, and to push them to think differently
- Collaborative in your approach with sales teams and motivated to drive successful commercial outcomes for our clients
- A big picture thinker with the ability to pivot your approach
- A compelling storyteller with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly curious, creative and interested to know what makes target audiences tick
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive the strategic positioning of our brands to drive revenue and new business growth
- Lead high-value strategic responses to drive the right outcomes in winning the revenue
- Deliver overarching strategy and make media and content recommendations
- Lead the development of our sponsorship opportunities
- Drive data innovation and research excellence through experimentation and new ways of commercialising first-party data
- Support our team of client partners and Heads of Sales to develop new commercial products and opportunities to amplify content across clients’ owned channels
Working at Medium Rare
Our team is dynamic and high-performing and we encourage key behaviours in our people to help maintain and improve our company culture.
This role is a great opportunity to collaborate with a talented team on some of Australia’s biggest brands.
Medium Rare offers flexible work arrangements and multiple employee benefits. This is a hybrid role, based in our Sydney office but with the opportunity to work part of your week remotely.
- Job Type
For further information
- Jane Schofield