Bring your inquisitive nature to The Brag as the next gun staff writer
Who we are:
The Brag Media is a leading music and entertainment publisher that holds fervent conversations with over 2 million gen-z and millennial’s across our channels every month. We generate meaningful and engaging content for artists and brands every day.
About the opportunity:
We are currently searching for a bright-minded Staff Writer (ideally Full Time but can be flexible with hours) to join our growing and energetic team based in our Sydney office. This role is perfect for an inquisitive writer who believes they can create real change through journalism – but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
The role will be primarily responsible for creating newsworthy content across multiple channels.
This is a pivotal role that will work collaboratively at all levels of the business to deliver content that is compelling and communicating on one of the largest entertainment platforms in the country.
A few day-to-day duties will include:
- Developing strategies for generating meaningful content that garners a high volume of visits, and encourages awareness and excitement from our audiences
- Monitor audience growth and engagement with your content
- Conduct interviews for long and short form pieces
- Brainstorm story angles and ideas with managing editor
The successful candidate will have:
- Has exceptional writing skills, with minimum 2 years+ experience in ‘complex to simple’ writing
- Has broad knowledge and practical experience of the current landscape in digital journalism
- Is confident with reviewing data analytics and incorporating insights into your work (e.g Google Analytics)
- Degrees not necessary, but experience and passion for success is a must!
Why work with us?
- Complimentary lunches made fresh in-house daily
- Free street parking
- Travel opportunities
- Invaluable mentoring and growth opportunities
- A collaborative and supportive team you can count on
- Regular freebie tix for local and international gigs
If this role seems like your kind of vibe then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 3 business days of applying.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Job Type
For further information
- Ally De Nicola