We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes social media, is an active problem-solver, super-organised, creative and has a knack for creating compelling content
Sea Salt Marketing – we are a builder’s marketer that aims to bring clarity to our client’s brand and balance to their business. By pairing impactful strategy with a refreshingly simple approach, we make marketing worry-free for our clients and build an internal culture based on the same principles.
To kick off 2021, we’re looking for an energetic Social Media Manager to join our small, dedicated team.
Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, this role involves digital content creation, copywriting and the management of multiple social media accounts. Your days will be varied, and your time will be split between creating, planning and proofing monthly social media content, ad hoc social media posts and various writing tasks.
You need to live and breathe social media and ideally have 2 years + experience in a similar role. We’re looking for someone who’s organised, creative and has a knack for creating compelling content.
At Sea Salt, we make marketing worry-free for our clients and we want someone who’s keen to help us do the same. We want you to really get to know our clients, anticipate their needs and make sure they’re satisfied with what we’re doing. To do so, we need you to ensure work is being completed on time and to a high standard, keep ahead of social media trends, and come up with new and exciting ideas to elevate our clients’ social presence.
Experience across social media is a no-brainer. We need you to be confident in using all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. You need to be ruthlessly organised and pedantic with spelling and grammar as our Social Media Manager is responsible for running a fine tooth comb over each clients’ monthly social media content.
You’ll work alongside our close-knit team to come up with creative ideas. You’ll also assist with creating, proofing and approving copy, providing general support to the Digital Content Manager and identifying opportunities for growth.
This role is varied and exciting and as such, requires a level of multitasking. You’ll need to be able to jump between tasks and clients when needed.
What you’ll get from us
We work with clients across Australia, so you’ll have exposure to a wide-range of organisations and campaigns. We value people’s opinions, believe in sharing ideas and put a big focus on personal development and training. We’re always looking to have fun, work hard and make work a generally happy place to be.
We believe in a work-life balance and understand the need for flexibility. We are looking for someone to work from our co-working space in the Melbourne CBD, with the flexibility to work from home on some days.
To find out more, check us out on Instagram @seasaltmarketing.
- Plan and create content calendars for clients across social media channels
- Schedule, manage and publish social content to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube using scheduling software like Hootsuite or Buffer
- Monitor the performance of social media channels through monthly reporting and analysis
- Copywriting for social media posts, as well as blog content, website copy, e-books and e-newsletters
- Creative thinking and coming up with new, proactive social media ideas for clients
- Maintain and update blog content
Skills and experience
- Degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 2 years+ experience in a copywriting, social media or marketing role
- Experience across social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Strong copywriting skills
- Pedantic with spelling and grammar
- Highly organised and driven
- Commitment to your own learning and development
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as communicating effectively with co-workers and clients
- Ability to work across multiple clients and brand strategies
- Analytical prowess and the ability to solve problems with innovative thinking
- Be interested in the full spectrum of the marketing mix
- Experience using tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer and Canva is desirable
Get in touch
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please take our online quiz so we can learn a little more about you: https://forms.gle/m8mRhqSzeibTQJRb9.
- Job Type
For further information
- Amanda Cordner