An exciting role that will see you working across the overarching Merivale brand and the 80+ venues in our rapidly growing portfolio. We're looking for a strong conceptual thinker and an excellent storyteller who's passionate about food, beverage, lifestyle and culture.
Owned and run by the Hemmes family for over 60 years, Merivale began as a fashion house that catapulted Sydney into the swinging-sixties for all things music and fashion. Our aim is to bring a little magic into the everyday. We are constantly pushing the boundaries in over 80 venues to encapsulate a unique dining experience. Each space is carefully executed with the same attention to detail across a seemingly endless supply of inspired concepts, restaurants, bars, cafes, pubs, night-life and retail.
Merivale is searching for an exceptional senior creative to join our creative team. This is an exciting role that will see you working across the overarching Merivale brand and the 80+ venues in our rapidly growing portfolio.
In this role you will be responsible for creating content for the Merivale brand, including multi-channel campaigns, editorial content, large-scale activations, and always-on social. We’re looking for a strong conceptual thinker and an excellent storyteller who’s passionate about food, beverage, lifestyle and culture.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualise and develop major campaigns.
- Act as custodian of our tone of voice across all content channels.
- Create engaging content for our Meritales editorial platform – including brainstorming story ideas interviewing talent – in line with current lifestyle and entertainment trends.
- Manage projects end-to-end, often working on multiple projects at once.
- Create highly engaging content that has cut-through in venues and in market.
- Work with a wide range of budgets and time constraints.
- Deliver creative ideas and activations against the marketing and partnerships calendar.
- Work collaboratively with the creative team to create and support our iconic brands.
- Work collaboratively with different functions of the business including marketing, digital, styling, sales and events, people experience, operations and our talent across food and beverage.
- Overarching creative responsibilities include; concepting – both in response to briefs and proactively, ideating and delivering editorial content from articles to video content, campaign copy rollout, always-on social content creation, the ability to lead brainstorms, the ability to think strategically, leading insights on industry trends, working on presentation and pitch decks and liaising with production.
- Around 8+ years experience within a similar rople.
- Experience working within advertising, branding or design agencies on hospitality and lifestyle brands is a must.
- Very strong written skills, across campaign and editorial content with a solid understanding of digital and social.
- A conceptual thinker who is passionate about the ideation process and is able to think strategically.
- Proven excellence at delivering campaigns from concept to creation.
- Exceptional organisational skills and diligence meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for all things creative.
- The ability to masterfully adapt tone in line with brand and audience and seamlessly transition from one tone of voice to another.
- The ability to multi-task and manage expectations- we work on multiple briefs at once.
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to ideate in a variety of channels, including examples of long-form copy.
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up – we work end-to-end from inception to roll-out.
- Team player with a collaborative approach – we’re a close-knit team and constantly discuss and share our work.
- Humble yet confident with a great sense of humour.
- Resilience in the face of change.
It has never been a more exciting time to join Merivale. With venues coming back to life, multiple new venue openings in the near horizon, opportunity for growth is boundless.
This role will provide the platform to make your mark, by telling our story to our guests on a daily basis. You will be working with many of the industry’s best, that no doubt make your job to write and create amazing content easier!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply today by submitting your CV for review and we will be in touch.
Merivale is looking forward to a strong and bright future, this includes being a registered ‘COVIDsafe’ organisation. Keeping the health & safety of our guests and employees is at the forefront of how we operate, and under the directive of the Government, we will continue to maintain a ‘COVIDSAFE’ environment for all.
(Only applicants already in Australia and with unlimited working rights will be considered for this role)
- Job Type
For further information
- Clare Odell