Free Folk Agency is looking for a Senior Social Media Specialist to join their team of dynamic marketers and work across organic and paid social media marketing. The role is based in their Brisbane office, and the successful applicant will work across a diverse range of clients and campaigns.
Are you a detail-oriented social media expert who can combine strategy and creative to make a real impact on socials? Do you like to get your hands dirty, implement your ideas and work across all areas of the social media strategy? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic marketing team and agency environment?
About Free Folk Agency
Free Folk Agency is a boutique PR and Communications Agency specialising in PR and Media Relations, Influencer Marketing and Social Media Marketing. We are a close knit and agile team of communication specialists and marketers who are energetic, creative and results-driven, and we’re looking for someone with demonstrated initiative, creativity and strategic thinking to join our team.
Our client roster spans multiple industries including food and beverage, fashion, property, business, health and wellness, hospitality and beauty and service based businesses.
About the role
The Social Media Specialist role is a key part of the Free Folk Agency team and we’re looking for someone to lead and own our Social Media offering and implement social media strategies (organic and paid) that both hold their own, and are part of an integrated communications strategy.
We’re looking for someone who will grow our client’s brands across all aspects of the social media landscape, through organic social media content, community management and paid social media advertising.
The role involves managing our social media portfolio of clients, facilitating the delivery of social media strategies to help brands accelerate growth and staying up to date on social media marketing best practices and industry news.
To be successful in this role, 2-3 years of experience in social media marketing is required, alongside a solid understanding and proven experience in paid social media advertising. A provocation and solution-driven approach is also essential, as is the need to work independently with initiative and collaboratively as a team simultaneously.
Agency experience is not necessarily required, however, account management will be a major part of the role and you will need to be comfortable leading client accounts and liaising directly with our clients on a daily basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead social media marketing for the business
- Develop organic and paid social media marketing strategies that enhance brand awareness drive conversions
- Own the day-to-day client relationship for our social media portfolio
- Manage ad budgets across multiple campaigns and channels
- Ability to manage and lead a small team
- Daily set up and implement both organic social media management and paid social media advertising, including community management, across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Use, analyse and interpret data (Google Analytics, Facebook, etc) to build customer reports regularly and understand how organic social media content and paid ads are performing
- Identify critical conversion and drop off points to optimise user funnels
- Ability to set up client reporting dashboards
- Proactively optimise organic and paid content to achieve best results and positive ROI
- Identify recommendations and opportunities to meet and exceed our client KPIs
- Structure ad campaigns and build funnels for efficiency and to achieve ROAS positive results
- Report on campaign and content performance and be responsible for hitting, and exceeding, client KPIs
- Closely monitor market news, industry trends, customer needs and social media best practices for our client roster
- Support the sales team with winning ideas and strategies that can be used in the proposal stage
- Support a team of dynamic marketing specialists and be willing to jump in to help, strategies, optimise and provide feedback on any client account
- Collaborate with colleagues across discipline teams on integrated accounts to facilitate seamless project delivery
- Mentor and work with team members to educate them on the social media landscape and continue to build the agencies overall knowledge and competency in this space
- In addition to client projects, own and manage internal social media channels for Free Folk Agency across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Understanding of paid social media advertising and proven experience running paid social ad campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and nimble
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines and a high-volume workload
- Time management
- Demonstrated experience using online measurement such as Google Analytics.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to build landing pages (via landing page software such as Lead Pages)
An added bonus…
- Skills in graphic design and/or competency in developing creative assets for organic and paid social media channels
- Experience using Google Tag Manager
- 3-5 years of proven experience implementing organic and paid social media strategies across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Demonstrated understanding of the role social media plays in the wider marketing mix
- Intimate understanding of and ability to analyse data from various touchpoints
Does this describe you?
- Willing to take on a challenge
- Data-driven, results-oriented mindset.
- High attention to detail
- A mix of creative flair and analytical thought
- A desire to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Finger on the pulse of the ever-evolving social media marketing and trends landscape
- Self-motivated and accountability driven
- Problem-solving mindset
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced, creative and social environment
- Collaborate with a fun, close-knit and growing team to deliver exciting campaigns every day
- Supportive and structured approach to career progression and personal development
- Work with incredible local and national brands
- Competitive salary
- Newstead location in a beautiful co-work space with impressive facilities
Must be Brisbane based and available to work from our Newstead office full time. Unfortunately, remote candidates will not be considered for this role at this time. All applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia permanently and be available for full time employment.
Please email email@example.com with a resume, a cover letter that addresses the biggest opportunity, in your opinion, in the social media landscape right now and examples of your work or a portfolio. Please also showcase your experience achieving strong results in a previous role. Only successful candidates will be notified.
- Job Type
- 80,000 to 90,000
For further information
- Teagan West