Gilligan Group is looking for a data-driven, results-oriented Senior SEO Specialist to join our expanding digital team. Level up your SEO career and challenge yourself by applying your search knowhow to corporate and technical industries including mining, finance and industrial applications.
About the Role:
Gilligan Group is looking for a data-driven, results-oriented Senior SEO Specialist to join our expanding digital team.
Level up your SEO career and challenge yourself by applying your search knowhow to corporate and technical industries including mining, finance and industrial applications.
This role will see you play a major part for the strategy, planning and execution of content-driven SEO projects. You will analyse and test SEO theories, develop and lead online brand reputation strategies, and run SEO initiatives to grow market share for our clients.
This is a great opportunity for you to join a high-growth stage digital and corporate communications agency. Compensation is based on experience.
You’re a great fit for this role if you’re:
- Passionate about technical and or industrial content like mining services and wireless applications
- Naturally curious and full of initiative to uncover opportunities and put together client strategies and gather data/information
- Able to leverage data to quantify upside and justify investment
- Able to demonstrate a top class understanding of on-page SEO
- Able to make meta data impact performance across industries that are techical
- Up for beating the competition
- Eager to work in a dynamic environment where an opportunity to carve your role and future is real
- Conduct extensive topical and competitive research and interpret user intent to produce best-in-class content briefs
- Pair keyword research with business data to inform recommendations
- Craft and test SEO hypotheses
- Execute tests, collect and analyse data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns.
- Identify, quantify and manage SEO opportunities that would increase overall organic traffic and generate new qualified leads
- Install conversion tracking using Google Tag Manager, Google analytics, and Call Tracking.
- Manage bids & Budgets for Google Adwords, Youtube, Yahoo, BingAds.
- Measure & Implement the results of A/B testing for Advert coping & targeting.
- Perform regular SEO audits and optimising exercises
- Consult and provide recommendations to an array of different internal teams
- Assist in driving strategy and execution of Gilligan Group’s SEO strategy, ensuring our content ranks as high as possible at all times
- Deliver recurring SEO performance reports, provide actionable insights for senior executives and stakeholders, collaborate on quarterly progress reviews and forecasts
- Stay up to date on industry trends and continually expand SEO knowledge
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working in SEO, digital content, and/or marketing with proven results
- Ability to strategise, plan, implement and monitor multiple projects independently
- Experience quantifying the impact of your SEO recommendations, both before and after implementation
- Experience with SEO software a (Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Mangools, Ahrefs, SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, etc)
- Resourcefulness to research and seek out relevant information when needed
- Experience writing content briefs and technical briefs for content production and technical projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate under pressure on time-critical initiatives
- Ability to inspect HTML and explain its impact to SEO
- Functional knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Suggest improvements for process and productivity optimisation.
- Providing guidance, support, and training to junior SEM specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, journalism, communications, information technology or a related field preferred
- Job Type
For further information
- Skye Gilligan