Are you a marketing gun with media buying experience? Want a change of pace from working in an agency? Leverage your marketing and media buying experience to manage LXRP's advertising across all channels to inform communities about upcoming works and disruptions.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join LXRP and leverage your marketing and media buying experience. You will be responsible for managing LXRP’s advertising campaigns that inform our communities about upcoming works and disruptions. Working closely with the project’s Communications and Engagement leaders and external agencies, you will put together TVC, radio, press advertising, digital advertising, and purchase the advertising space. Your remit will specifically involve the following duties:
- Concept evaluation, overseeing production, media implementation and campaign evaluation
- Manage media buy and budgets, including managing media and advertising agencies to ensure efficient delivery of marketing solutions
- Advising internal stakeholders in communicating customer information correctly and accurately
- Provide leadership to one direct report
This is a 3 year fixed term position, paying a salary between $102,637 and $124,183 + superannuation. People that enjoy working from both the office and from home have the option to access our hybrid working arrangements.
Having well rounded marketing experience and strong project management experience is important for this role. We’d love if you have experience in media buy and managing media and advertising agencies as that is the core of what you’ll be doing. We’ve popped a list below of other career skills/attributes we’d be interested to explore in your experience:
- Your technical expertise in marketing and advertising, and how you buy media and manage suppliers. A marketing degree will set you apart from other candidates but isn’t mandatory.
- Sometimes in the Comms space, goal posts change – having the ability to adapt and build relationships effortlessly, and influence and negotiate communication outcomes will be important in those instances.
- Strong stakeholder management skills – there are lots of touch points in this role from internal Communications and Stakeholder Engagement leaders, digital and video teams to advertising agencies.
- You love the detail and can multi-task well, project management is another skill in your toolbox.
- A strong ability to lead and motivate others – you get a kick out of seeing your team members develop and reach their goals.
- You thrive in fast paced environments – that’s how we roll here at LX
You will have a strong sense of purpose in helping the project deliver on transforming the way Victorians live, work and travel.
About the team
You will be working as part of our dynamic and results-driven Strategic Communications team at LXRP – they are an awesome, diverse bunch who genuinely care about the community and are super proud of delivering a massive project that will leave a lasting legacy.
These roles are unique within the public service – we aren’t like other government departments. No two days are the same at LXRP and we thrive working at a cracking pace. Innovation and creativity are in our DNA – it’s hard not to be inspired when you can see a community transforming right before your eyes.
At LXRP, we’re not just removing level crossings, we are removing barriers and creating legacies for our communities for years to come. Inclusion is a priority for us and we are committed to creating an employee community that reflects those in which we work.
- We value our role as leaders to actively increase female representation in the transport sector through practical support, professional development and exposure to career opportunities.
- We are proud leaders and participants of internship programs that provide opportunities to people who identify as LGBTIQ, people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, refugees or asylum seekers or people from low socioeconomic backgrounds.
- We offer and encourage flexible work practices and purchased leave arrangements for all of our employees to support wellbeing, family or carer commitments or other personal circumstances.
- We place great importance on growth, empowering our people to enhance their knowledge, capability and experience through continual learning, formal training and lessons learned.
- Health, safety and wellbeing are at the heart of what we do. We focus on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of our people to create a safe and healthy workplace for everyone, every day, everywhere.
If we’ve sparked your interest, introduce yourself by submitting a cover letter and CV via LX Careers page https://levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/careers/current-vacancies. Tell us why you’re interested and what capability you bring. That’s enough, we do not need you to provide key selection criteria.
Apply now! Ad closes midnight Wednesday 22 September
Please note that candidates may undergo pre-employment screening as part of the recruitment process. You can read more on that here.
Need more information?
Go to https://levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/careers/current-vacancies to view and download the full job description details
Visit us: levelcrossings.vic.gov.au
For specifics about the role call Jenny McLaughlin – Talent Acquisition Adviser on 0428 444 797.
If you are interested and need assistance with accessibility you can contact us at email@example.com
- Job Type
- $102,637 and $124,183 + superannuation.
For further information
- Jennifer McLaughlin