Use your creativity and design expertise to help change the face of men’s health.
- Your creativity and design expertise can help change the face of men’s health
- Fun and collaborative culture
- 14-month fixed term contract
Movember is the leading charity changing the face of men’s health globally, tackling mental health and suicide prevention, prostate cancer, testicular cancer. In our mission to stop men dying too young, we’re seeking a Senior Designer / Art Director to join our Melbourne team on a maternity leave contract.
Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, you’ll work hands-on with all departments to support their diverse design needs. This is a lead design role that partners closely with our in-house Senior Copywriter from concepting through to execution. As the custodian of Movember’s visual identity, you’ll deliver high quality, visually compelling outcomes that help fuel the Movember brand. You’ll receive briefs from teams in our four major markets and your work will cross borders around the globe.
This role is suited to someone who’s keen to work in a unique, fast-paced and collaborative environment, preferably with previous agency experience.
- Lead the development and creation of all design requirements in line with the Movember brand and strategy.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of project objectives, responding to briefs with a fresh and innovative approach, pushing boundaries whilst remaining on brand.
- Sell ideas internally, preparing presentations that articulate a compelling design rationale.
- Draw on archived and new material to design original pieces across a range of integrated outputs such as digital, social, print and OOH.
- Work closely with the Creative Services Manager to appropriately manage stakeholder expectations.
- Review and approve artwork developed by our internal and freelance teams, providing clear, constructive and empathetic critiques.
- Motivate and influence the team to constantly strive for excellence.
- Stay immersed design industry developments and tools.
For this role, you’ll need
- A relevant degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design or Media and Communication related field.
- 8+ years of experience, ideally some of this in an agency environment.
- Proficiency with the Adobe creative suite, Adobe After Effects & Sketch.
- Experience in designing across all platforms (eg: print, digital, social and multi-media).
- A strong sense of visual design and in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques.
- Experience producing and art directing digital ad campaigns.
- The ability to take ideas from concept through to implementation and execution.
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently.
- A resourceful and proactive approach, the ability to work on concurrent tasks and to tight deadlines.
Does this role sound up your alley? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Click ‘Apply’ to send through your CV and portfolio, with a cover letter that responds to the following questions:
- What will your background and experience bring to our organisation and this role?
- The Movember Values sit at the heart of our organisation and we want to attract candidates who are motivated by these. Please let us know which of our Values resonate most with you, and why?
Movember is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community and workplace – a place where we can all be ourselves, and each have the equal opportunity to succeed and be recognised for our unique contribution. We value the experiences, skills and perspectives of all individuals and actively encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds. We make recruitment decisions based on applicants’ skills, experience and knowledge, ensuring all applicants are treated fairly.
- Job Type
For further information
- Alex Carroll