We are looking for someone with at least five years plus industry experience in a similar role, who is a great ideas person with excellent conceptual design skills. You are highly creative and imaginative. Applicants must be comfortable with a super-fast paced environment, working with a tight-knit team, and not be afraid of owning a project from start to finish.
Focus Creative is on the hunt for an Art Director for a 9-month Maternity Leave Contract with possible extension. We are looking for someone with at least five years plus industry experience in a similar role, who is a great ideas person with excellent conceptual design skills. You are highly creative and imaginative. Applicants must be comfortable with a super-fast paced environment, working with a tight-knit team, and not be afraid of owning a project from start to finish.
Art Directors are on the front lines of the work being tasked with our creative teams. They collaborate with Copywriters and other creatives to brainstorm, design, and develop concepts and executions that solve client problems. You will be able to manage studio resources as well as be able to work with freelancers and suppliers when needed. Our candidate must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal and work under the guidance of the Strategic Director and Communication Strategist on delivering award-winning creative work.
You will be able to work across a variety of platforms and channels including Print, OOH, Digital, UX, Animation, and On-Set Art Direction for Video and Photography. Copywriting (long, short, and campaign) skills preferable.
You will be responsible for the signing off of all design and creative work that leaves the studio across all clients, working directly with the account managers to make sure creative work is done on time and delivered to standard.
Focus Creative is a strategic communications agency with ideas at the heart of everything we do. We are creative problem-solvers – a collective of inspired thinkers and passionate creatives with a wealth of experience across multiple industry sectors. We bring a deeper level of thinking that goes beyond the brief, asking the kind of questions that challenge assumptions and reframe the opportunity. What makes our approach so unique is our people. Our methodologies help break down complex problems into actionable plans. It’s this customer-focused approach that has enabled us to deliver award-winning campaigns for our clients continuously.
- Develop concepts to solve unique client problems
- Lead the development and creation of all design requirements in line with our clients brands and strategy.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of projects, responding to briefs with a fresh and innovative approach
- Sell ideas internally, preparing presentations that articulate a compelling design rationale.
- Client facing and the lead of the design team
- Actively participate in all creative sessions and job kick offs
- Sign off of all design and creative work to leave the studio across all accounts
- Prepare awards materials, occasional new business opportunities and other agency related projects
- Stay immersed in design industry developments and tools
- Motivate and influence the team to constantly strive for excellence.
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of print and digital applications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite
- Video editing, Digital, UX, HTML5, Animation skills preferable
- Copywriting preferable
- Ability to work without supervision, showing initiative to get the job done
- A relevant degree in design, visual communication, advertising, marketing, or related field preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant design and art direction experience
- Experience in high level, 360° creative campaigns.
- Proficiency with Adobe creative suite & Sketch.
- Experience in designing across all platforms (eg: print, digital, social, and multi-media).
- A strong sense of visual design and in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles, and layout techniques.
- Experience producing and art directing ad campaigns.
- The ability to take ideas from concept through to implementation and execution.
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently.
- A resourceful and proactive approach, the ability to work on concurrent tasks and to tight deadlines
- Flexible work arrangements with the ability to work from both office and out of office locations
- Up-skilling and courses available
- Pet-friendly environment
- Cultural and work events
- Cheese and coffee benefits
Interested in this role?
Click ‘Apply’ to send through your CV and portfolio, with a cover letter that responds to the following questions: What will your background and experience bring to our organisation and this role?
Please note: Only those with valid Australian work authorisation and located in Sydney will be considered for the role.
- Job Type
- $90,000 - $100,000 based on experience
For further information
- Victoria Hatsatouris