Excellent opportunity for emerging Sales & Account management expert. Read more to learn about this exciting role at BBC Global News AdSales & StoryWorks.
Working for BBC Global News, you will have the opportunity to represent BBC News –the world’s biggest and most trusted news brand and help connect brands with our premium audience across a media portfolio that includes broadcast, digital, social, and podcasts. We offer brands the opportunity to build integrated, data-led solutions across all our audience touch points including content-led solutions through our in-house content agency, BBC StoryWorks.
Our proposition is evolving to meet the new demands & opportunities presented by today’s exciting advertising industry, and as an organisation we are driven to deliver world class campaigns on behalf of our customers.
Data & programmatic solutions play an important role in our growing business with the launch of new products and services that enable brands to access our audiences in new and exciting ways.
At BBC Global News, you’ll enjoy a supportive, collaborative and inspiring culture, which invests in developing its staff . We are a committed people-first employer which offers a flexible working environment to allow every employee the opportunity to create their best working conditions.
This is a full time, Parental Leave cover role, which will require attendance in the office on certain days and the ability to easily travel to Sydney for regular client meetings.
A key contributor to the Australia and New Zealand sales team, the Senior Account Manager:
- Delivers the sales revenue targets for the assigned area of responsibility across a suite of digital, podcast and broadcast media products.
- Manages customer relationships and advertising revenues from a defined territory of media agencies and direct clients across Sydney (and some interstate)
- Has a strong focus on new business development and is tenacious & strategic in their approach to the market, driven to uncover new opportunities and increase revenues.
- Delivers a highly customer-centric approach to account management
- Manages end-to-end sales opportunities with the support of the wider BBC Studios Advertising team, and delivers compelling proposals and pitches to secure business.
- Has a sound knowledge of digital advertising solutions including programmatic & data led sales.
- Provides accurate, regular revenue forecasts to the Vice President ANZ along with market & customer insights.
- Maintains a sound knowledge of the media industry and a comprehensive understanding of BBC Global News products and services.
What will you be doing
Business Development across Display and Content-led Campaigns:
- Primarily focused on a defined territory of media agencies in Sydney, you will be required to meet/exceed the sales revenue target for the assigned territory.
- With a particular focus on branded content & digital advertising, you will be able to develop marketing & advertising strategies that meet client objectives while maximising profitability.
- You will recognise the value of key account management while also demonstrating effective new business development skills to acquire & grow the key accounts of the future.
- We highly value candidates with a self-starter and entrepreneurial mindset, who are able to identify and develop opportunities with the full support of the business behind you to create successful, profitable campaigns in line with client demand.
- You will be comfortable operating at different levels of media agencies and clients, and be able to quickly foster key relationships, while acting as a BBC brand advocate at all times.
Are you the right candidate?
- Previous experience in Media (preferably sales on publisher-side)
- Digital Media experience essential, branded content sales experience preferable
- Good understanding of the Australian media agency market.
- Knowledge and experience of programmatic advertising solutions and technologies
- Confident in the use of digital media tools such as Google Ad Manager, Salesforce, Permutive, Nielsen, and other relevant digital systems and tools.
- Comfortable with large sets of data, and able to interpret and provide insights & recommendations. A good understanding of Excel is essential; Tableau experience is ideal.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
Please click the Apply button to share your CV and Cover letter.
- Job Type
- Competitive salary
For further information
- Vidya Griffin