Great role for a great person
Marilyn & Sons is looking for an experienced, organised and decisive Senior Account Manager with minimum five years’ experience in an agency environment to join our small but mighty creative agency.
• 1 March – 31 December 2021 (potential to extend or become permanent for the right person)
• Report directly to Director, with support of a junior on large accounts
• Based in Richmond (currently a mix of in-office and from-home work)
A bit about you
You have all the usuals covered with your eyes closed: team and client WIPs, budgets, project management/project management software, maintaining existing and creating new processes to keep the studio running smoothly, knowing exactly what’s happening with every little thing running through the studio at any given time, otherworldly communication, organisational and time management skills.
You love structure and process but have no issue throwing it to the wind when necessary. Structure and processes get stuff done, bravery and flexibility get stuff done well.
You love what you do and are genuinely passionate about the creative process and enabling a creative team to do their best work. You’ll go well beyond what’s expected to keep your clients and team happy, motivated and supported.
A bit about us
We’re a creative agency in Melbourne. For the past 15 years, we’ve used strategy and great design to help brands tell their stories and solve businesses’ stickiest problems.
We have a hugely varied client base of businesses large and small, start-ups and marketing teams in all kinds of industries, where we’ve become a part of the furniture – if their furniture was really clever and went home at the end of every day. We ask a million questions, explore heaps of weird left-turns and float dozens of ideas until we settle on the campaign, identity, packaging, signage, websites and any other bits and pieces that will get our clients seen and heard in crowded and noisy markets.
We go in fresh to every project, get tactical when deadlines are tight, and dive even deeper when long-term projects are put in front of us. We work hard to earn our client’s trust, and sometimes that also means getting them to trust us to wander into the edges of a brief and come back with something a bit left-of-centre.
• Make every client feel like the most important person on the planet
• Excellent understanding of the creative process
• Project management & project management software (we use Streamtime)
• Taking client briefs and delivering creative briefs
• On point presentation skills – both creating and delivering presentations (written & in person)
• Comfortable contributing to and delivering pitches, proposals and tenders
• Engage freelancers and third-party suppliers as needed
• Maintaining and creating systems and processes to ensure the smooth running of the studio at all times
• Amazing communication skills – written and verbal. Clear, direct and with excellent stakeholder management skills
• The most organised person alive
• Excel, Keynote (or Powerpoint) and Word
Success in this role looks like:
• Enabling a creative team to do the best work possible
• Keeping a long-standing, loyal client base happy and constantly moving towards their long term business goals
• Having a positive impact on team culture and do your part in keeping everyone happy, motivated and supported (including yourself!)
- Job Type
- Negotiable on experience
For further information
- Emily Shields