Are you a public relations rock star who has high energy, a positive attitude, well connected, hardworking and looking to take the next step in your career with one of Queensland’s leading consumer PR agencies? If so, we want you to join our high-performance team of talented PR superstars and join us as our new Brisbane lead.
Are you a public relations rock star who has high energy, a positive attitude, well connected, hardworking and looking to take the next step in your career with one of Queensland’s leading Consumer PR agencies? If so, we want you to join our high-performance team of talented PR superstars and join us as our new Brisbane lead.
You might have heard of us lately because not only are we expanding, but we are winning lots of business awards and new clients. We love what we do and we excel at it. There is never a dull moment when you are working across the tourism, sporting, major events, corporate, property, hospitality, retail, fashion, health and beauty sectors. We are fast paced, we are dynamic and we come to work every day ready to achieve – We are Ruby!
The Senior Account Director at Ruby Communications in our Brisbane office is the senior contact for clients from a strategic point of view. This role supports the management team across the assigned client remit to ensure success at all levels. The Senior Account Director’s role is also focused on the new business pipeline and ensuring that targets are met amongst the business, retainer growth targets and servicing is controlled.
The Senior Account Director is usually involved in the new business pitch process and onboarding of new clients for the first two months. Also, this is the person who assists the team in times of a crisis with a client or a client retention issue. A key pillar to the culture of the agency, this role has in-depth experience in upskilling a team and implementing the agency values, mission and vision amongst the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and create opportunities for new business, participate in pitching and conversion and on-going innovation for agency success on a weekly basis that meets agency revenue targets
- Oversight on all work in the office, ensuring relevance, innovation and best in class thinking
- Working on leading top-level agency clients as the business requires specific senior level direct leadership
- Managing day to day account profitability including but not limited to capacity planning and resource allocation
- Championing best in class integrated earned and owned thinking integrating PR and social.
- Bring a high level of professionalism, client service and client counsel to all the work which is delivered by the agency.
- Build and lead an enthusiastic team, all hungry for learning, with passion, heart and inspiration.
- Maintain and enhance a positive culture and provide a sought-after working environment with both professional and personal growth opportunities
- Live the values, strategies, and objectives of the agency
- A desire to be part of extraordinary growth and client success
- Team leadership at a level that inspires motivation, brilliant work in the agency and great culture
- A great team lead, mentor with a culture of empathy coupled with a hunger to succeed.
- Professionalism based on integrity. Humble but not afraid to shine.
- The ability to think laterally, strategically and realistically.
- Not a clock watcher – work life balance but availability to work reasonable extra hours and travel where required.
- A willingness to “pitch in” where required. No job too big or small.
- Positive, energetic attitude and the ability to work under pressure.
- Works cooperatively and proactively with peers
We have created a relaxed and flexible working environment at Ruby Communications. We will be offering a competitive salary, awesome team environment where culture is number 1, dedication to professional development, team strategy days and Ruby retreats.
Happy to take additional questions about the role for suitable applicants.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to our Director Naomi Spies on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Type
- $90,000 - $100,000
For further information
- Naomi Spies