As a Senior Account Manager in the PR department, you will, lead, develop and drive the implementation of elite PR campaigns, representing a portfolio of clients across the luxury hotel, restaurant, travel, design and hospitality sectors. We are looking for an astute individual to maximise all client relationships and bring to campaigns new media contacts and collaborative ideas.
The right individual will be media aware and present across all channels of media and communication. You will oversee an ensemble of clients delivering a multidude of campaigns simultaneously in our happy, fast paced, environment.
You will be a part of a dynamic environment full of opportunity, leading projects and collaborating with many teams.
Our ideal candidate knows how to work their networks, achieve earned editorial, and can flawlessly prepare media releases without a comma or semicolon out of place. This full-time role offers opportunity for growth to the right candidate, plus easy access to Melbourne’s finest coffee shops right around the corner on Smith Street.
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar field and will need to have a proven understanding of public relations – how to achieve earned editorial. Please include in your application some knock-out editorial that you have achieved for clients, an example of your writing, as well as references.
• Exceptional professional writing skills
• Media management skills
• Original thinking (for media angles, events, activation ideas)
• Excellent communication skills at all times
• Solid organisational and administration skills
• Established media relationships throughout food (primarily), lifestyle, property, news, design and other media pillars ideal
Specific day-to-day tasks:
• Drafting media releases and content pieces
• Client liaison
• Assisting with new business pitching and proposal writing/coordination
• Media pitching and follow up
• Media insights and keeping abreast of current affairs
• Event management in some capacity
• Contractor management (for things like activations)
• Keeping all WIP documents updated and following up meetings with contact reports
• Providing interview briefing sheets for clients and interviewees
• Providing photographic briefs
• Assisting on photography shoots when required
• General office administration and supply upkeep (occasionally)
• Event assistance including RSVP management
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 5+ years experience in a similar Public Relations position
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience within the Public Relations/Communications discipline
- Creative thinker with a sound understanding and application of PR principles.
- Passionate about PR and media, VIP relations and communications as well as the ever changing social and digital landscape
- Strong local and international industry network
- Experience within a premium retail brand or a customer service focused industry would be desirable
- Demonstrates clear responsibility for managing budgets and accountability with results
- Demonstrates clear decision making with excellent communication and problem-solving skills in all areas
- Creative thinker with a sound understanding and application of PR initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Ability to manage high workloads, tight deadlines and competing priorities with professionalism
- Ability to identify, prioritize and deliver high impact initiatives
Weekly Friday drinks and early knock-off
Flexible start and finish times. Do you prefer to start work early and finish in time to beat the commute rush back home? We’ve got you.
Regular work trips and events
Opportunities for growth. We care about seeing our employees succeed and grow in their role. For the right candidate, positive performance reviews can lead to exceptional long-term outcomes with us.
Oh, and did we mention we’re only a minute’s walk to the best coffee shops and restaurants on Smith Street? Your lunch break is sorted.
- Job Type
- $90 +
For further information
- Clemence Harvey