This is an opportunity to work in the fast-paced, data-driven world of digital advertising. You will work with clients who are not only looking to reach Morningstar audiences in Australia, but also with those who want to expand their brand globally.
Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success. One way we accomplish this is by offering independent research and great software products to financial advisers and individual investors. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win.
At Morningstar, your contributions have meaning and can drive change. We offer a place where talented, driven people can grow. Our differences are our strength; the fact that we don’t all think the same way and encourage unique perspectives helps create great products and services for our clients.
The Team: This is an opportunity to work in the fast-paced, data-driven world of digital advertising. You will work with clients who are not only looking to reach Morningstar audiences in Australia, but also with those who want to expand their brand globally.
The Role: In this role, you will manage 15+ clients by supporting the sales directors in all aspects of the sales cycle and account stewardship. You will strategize with sales directors, generate proposals, and design advertising campaigns and sponsorships mainly across Morningstar.com.au. You will be responsible for the success of all campaigns and satisfaction of our advertising partners. This position communicates directly with clients and advertising agencies, and internal groups at Morningstar. This position is based in Sydney.
What you’ll do:
- Support investment brands by assisting the Sales Director in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Be responsible for the success and satisfaction of our advertising partners while assisting the sales team with all aspects of account stewardship in our efforts to meet quarterly sales goals.
- Execute paperwork for contracts/bookings, create monthly reports, optimize sales campaigns, and ensure client deliverables meet contract guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of the ad system, local inventory calendar and Quickbase, while ensuring all content entered/uploaded is up to date and in alignment across applications.
- Contact clients well in advance to provide an overview of what is required and on what date for the month ahead (also known as chasing creative).
- Participate in regular check ins with Sales Director and Senior RM/Team Lead and adhere to all processes and procedures to effectively manage relationships and campaigns.
- Manage and deliver campaign flights, and work with client/agency to receive creative assets and ensure campaign launches on time.
- Provide campaign performance reports & screenshots to clients.
- Execute change requests and revisions to ad campaigns, creative updates, or other campaign modifications.
- Organise, obtain internal approval and ensure timely delivery of ‘targeted advertising emails’(eDMs) to Australian retail investor database (working with local Retail team and US support team).
- Assist in updating sales presentation materials, one sheets, and building proposals by working with the sales director and ensuring inventory is available to accommodate the proposal recommendation.
- Work with clients, events & marketing teams to support Morningstar Investment Conference(s) and the sponsors who support them.
- Perform other duties as needed.
What we’d expect you’d have on day 1:
- 2+ years of experience in digital advertising with strong knowledge of industry standards and regulations. IAB Digital Sales or Operations Certification is a plus
- 2+ years of client servicing
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker with proven project management experience
- Customer service focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Responsible, team player and quick learner who is motivated by sales goals and driven to exceed sales expectations
- Candidates should also have experience in managing data, reporting, and working with creative services.
- This person should not only take the initiative to start tasks, but also seek and recommend changes that improve sales, service, and/or process flow
- General knowledge of HTML.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- A sense of humour.
- A team player’s attitude with a high threshold for quality.
- Empathy and the maturity to own and learn from challenges.
What you need to enjoy and be good at for this role:
- A passion for “doing the impossible;” committed to testing, learning, and iterating.
Please attach a resume and cover letter to your online application.
**Due to the current travel restrictions in place, we are currently unable to extend offers to anyone who does not have the legal right to work from Australia due to the current lockdown visa/travel restrictions. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this Sydney location for this role by set date as expected.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer
- Job Type
- lets discuss