We are looking for a Project & Operations Manager to join our team in Australia, ideally based in Sydney.
We are a successful, tight-knit group of 15 ‘heads’ producing innovative, impactful, creative Social Transformation for some of the world’s most influential brands. Our talented team includes client services, community, production, insights and design.
Our continued growth and success have created this exciting new role for a Project & Operations Manager. We are looking for someone who has outstanding organisational and project management skills with a passion for best-in-class processes, full utilisation of our project management systems and general support with day-to-day operations.
This newly created hybrid role will manage the critical functions of Project and Operational Management.
It will be responsible for leading, documenting and managing the full project life cycle. In addition, creation of project plans and timelines, facilitation and management of any documents including Scope of Work, Functional Specification, Technical Specification and any other project documentation will be required. As well as helping to define, improve, and be an evangelist for the project process at 1000heads.
- From the brief onward, responsible for helping the team define the project scope, estimating time and level of required resource, design and own project plans, creating and monitoring budgets, ensuring activities occur according to plan
- Ensure clients are kept informed, client expectations are set and met
- Work efficiently to help manage the trafficking of client services, insights, creative, production & digital deliverables, minimise cost, improve efficiency
- On-going collaboration with the team to identify ways of improving the project processes, examining existing structure against Client needs
- Contribute to debrief reports and identifying ways of improving similar future projects
- Keep all parties informed on work progress, anticipate changes and communicate these quickly, assigning remedial action and accompanying deadlines as required
- Create mid-term and long-term project roadmaps
- Coordinating day-to-day ops and comms of the in-house production team
- Responsible for daily comms on production priorities, resource management both internal and third party
- Project organisation from conception to launch, ensure the delivery of all production projects to schedule and to budget
- Support the MD in the day-to-day running of business operations including:
- Office admin including supplies, suppliers and contracts
- Liaise with HR and Finance
- Third party comms and coordination
- Local cultural activities, wellbeing and D&I initiatives
- Sharing and developing best-practice with our global teams
- Support and report on client project information
- Support resource management attuned to commercial realities of the business
- Translate output from resource management tools Workbook and People Allocation Dashboard into resource planning actions
- Support account teams to deliver on agency servicing level goals by highlighting process inefficiency and working with the team to implement new processes
- Support improvements of scoping across accounts
- Project planning and management experience within an agency environment essential
- Some industry knowledge
- Process improvements, creating best-in-class
- Strong ability of setting-up and creating processes
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Understanding commercial and financial principles, e.g., P/L and margin
- Good operational management skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels demonstrating tact, diplomacy, discretion and maturity
- Passionate, energetic and confident
- Proactive, self-motivated
- Team-player, collaborative
- Ability to work under pressure whilst keeping an eye for detail
- Familiarity with major social platforms and social media
- Experience in start-up environments
- Knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and the Waterfall approach
- Keen interest in latest methodologies/tools e.g., Float, Trello, Slack, Basecamp
- Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Project management software ideally Traffic or Workbook
1000heads is a social transformation company.
We help global brands adapt to rapid and continual shifts in media, technology and culture. The company delivers social-first data, insights, strategic consultancy and creative services to clients around the world including Google, Intel, Diageo, Lenovo, Ancestry, Isuzu and UNIQLO. 1000heads has offices around the world in New York City, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Dubai, Sydney and Melbourne.
1000heads is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we are passionately committed to working together to promote an inclusive environment which celebrates and promotes diversity. We are committed to our belief that diversity in our team generates better and bolder ideas, creativity, understanding and respect. We welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.
For more information on 1000heads, visit www.1000heads.com
- Job Type
For further information
- Heike Tobin