As a member of the Essence APAC programmatic team, you will help oversee and execute the tactical planning, setup and activation of programmatically purchased media campaigns across AUNZ via demand-side-platform (DSP) for our clients like Airbnb, Google, Vistaprint to name a few.
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L’Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4.5B in annualized media spend, and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 22 offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
As a member of the Essence APAC programmatic team, you will help oversee and execute the tactical planning, setup and activation of programmatically purchased media campaigns across AUNZ via demand-side-platform (DSP). Campaign objectives can range from Branding (e.g. awareness, consideration, intent) to Direct Response (e.g. usage, acquisition, ROAS) and will leverage a combination of real-time and guaranteed buying across both open exchange and/or direct publishers as needed.
Some of the things we’d like you to do:
- Directly or indirectly (via management) supports 1-3 accounts
- Able to own up to 3 campaigns E2E at any one time while assisting on others as needed
- ~60% time allocated to individual campaign assignments, ~40% time allocated to work outside of individual campaigns (e.g. management tasks, team projects, training others)
- Delivers media plans, wrap-ups, and milestone outputs utilizing established best practices against client comm strat according to timelines
- Able to launch campaigns on time/does not contribute to gating issues, in compliance with platform (DSP/DMP) best practices (naming conventions, IO/LI)
- Flawless delivery of all campaigns (launch, pacing, performance goals)
- Meets campaign objectives by EOQ (KPIs, 65% Viewability, 95% Pacing), and/or flags potential pacing issues in a timely manner
- Confident and steady in optimization and improvement of campaign performance (not just delivery).
- Strong knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, channels, formats
- Strong knowledge of tactical essentials such as inventory and data sources
- Excellent tracking of sub-campaign level details including but not limited to pacing, performance, etc.
- Strong understanding of adjacent and/or connected disciplines (e.g. Data Strategy, Analytics, AdOps, Experience) and relationship with Programmatic
- Strong knowledge of the AUNZ programmatic/ad-tech ecosystem (publishers, data, platform, etc.)
- Strong grasp of overall campaign lifecycle and the role programmatic plays within it
- Communicates successes, failures, and escalations to line manager in a timely manner
- Directly responsible for managing 1 junior team member assuming staffing
- Escalation point for campaign level issues
A bit about yourself:
- 3-4 years work experience on the programmatic/ad-tech buy-side (e.g. agency, trading desk, DSP company)
- Excellent proficiency planning and deploying campaigns using enterprise level DSPs (e.g. DV360, The Trade Desk, MediaMath)
- Experience planning and executing campaigns delivering against both Brand and Direct Response objectives
- Experience deploying campaigns across multiple environments/devices via both direct and open buying leveraging audience and/or contextual data as needed
- High attention to detail, and good organizational skills, with an understanding of optimization levers & testing approaches across programmatic platforms
- Experience directly managing at least one direct report with demonstrable skills in guiding his/her professional development
- Highly developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; You must be able to analyze raw data, draw insights and develop actionable recommendations as needed
- Strong organization and time management skills. Able to prioritize recurring deliverables against ad hoc requests. Mindful of personal deliverables and projects without needing reminding from line manager
- Up-to-date knowledge on the current state of programmatic/ad/mar-tech with a POV on future developments
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of digital marketing/advertising industry trends
- Strong Google stack experience
- Experience working with Data Management Platforms (DMPs) or equivalent data organisation/deployment tool/platform
- Familiar with feed-based creative setups using Creative Management Platforms (CMPs)
- Experience working with data science teams and good grasp of campaign analytics fundamentals (e.g. control/exposed segmentation, survey and panel based measurement, regression analysis)
- Experience with Google Analytics (plus certification)
What you can expect from Essence:
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
- Job Type
- $65,000 - 75,000