Product Manager to own their your own stream and join a marketing department that has doubled in size since COVID-19.
How the newly created role of Product Manager fits in:
As the newly appointed Product Manager, you’ll be the stream lead for one of two streams with a remit of moving the needle and delivering on business objectives. To do so, you’ll re-imagine and/or deliver amazing new user and member experiences on Compare Club. The Product Manager role sits within the Product Org headed up by Zika Kolicic, Head of Product for Compare Club.
As part of heading up a stream, you’ll either:
- Lead the discovery and product development of additional categories/services and associated experiences; or
- Take ownership of existing lines of business/verticals to enhance the E2E e-commerce capability and create a best in class user experience
- Both streams have P&L responsibility
How our streams operate
Our streams consist of passionate, experienced, capable and driven individuals empowered to deliver business objectives while creating or enhancing amazing industry leading experiences. Your cross functional stream consists of representatives from product, engineering, UX, customer marketing and sales and collectively you’ll own an E2E user experience, or category, and work towards smashing your OKRs.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll play a pivotal role in the success of your stream, be a significant contributor to the future growth and evolution of the business and you’ll be the conduit between business stakeholders and your stream. You’ll have prior experience in, and be confident, communicating, prioritising and driving your streams path as you develop a place for our users and members to discover, explore and sign up to new products and contribute to further personalising their experiences with us.
As the Product Manager, you’ll support evolving of the Compare Club experience in the following ways:
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the product strategy; translating this into an outcome based roadmap and associated release plan for your stream;
- Maintain and work towards OKR’s set for your stream;
- Collaborate with UX and engineering to develop an experience vision for your portfolio and associated experiences;
- Understand and align experiences to the Compare Club product architecture;
- Ensure an ongoing pipeline of cards/tickets are appropriately prioritised between core capability and enhancements to deliver ongoing business value
- Prioritise development and make trade-off decisions with support of stakeholders
- Run operational meetings such as Kick-offs, Showcases, Retros, and Updates/Forums;
- Conduct regular market scans of competitor and contemporary digital businesses;
- Actively monitor and report on performance of key metrics that measure the health of your portfolio;
- Own and report on appropriate risks and compliance issues;
- Develop great stakeholder relationships across the business and maintain an understanding of their current plans – including Business/Partner Development, Product and Customer Marketing, Acquisition Marketing and Exec team;
- Primary focus will be to “own” the delivery of specific outcomes using digital technologies. Unlike normal (traditional or agile) approaches your primary mandate for your portfolio will be defined in terms of outcomes and incremental rollout (to “live” or “production”) rather than contracting with stakeholders to deliver a pre-defined scope or requirements.
The Person We’re Looking For:
Being comfortable working within a fluid environment and at the pace we will be moving at requires someone who has the ability to quickly, calmly and concisely provide the wider team and business with clear and precise direction.
Want to know what it will take to be successful in the role? You would need to have the ability to:
- Be open minded to experience a new way of working, where the customer is core
- Have 3-4+ years of experience as a product manager with equivalent experience in leading developers
- Experience working in general insurance, car insurance, e-commerce solving and simplifying complex user journeys
- You value strong UX. You understand more than just the fundamentals of good UX and visual design.
- Defining projects according to business problems, outcomes and core capabilities
- Co-own the product roadmap, release plan and product/solution design to ensure outcomes are met
- Lead and educate business stakeholders whilst delivering the solutions
- Detail core capabilities and enhancements required to and represent the detail to others on a daily basis
- Extend the detail for each core capability or enhancement to ensure the team is productive during build
- Sequence work to ensure core capabilities are delivered before enhancements
- Maintain a steady flow of features by avoiding bottlenecks like over-engineering
- Ensure the team gains access to expanding groups of users during the project
- Avoid and manage external dependencies like APIs and other projects
- You’re a great communicator and can speak the language of engineering, data, design, marketing and operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Can effectively communicate with partners and make technical calls
- Full working rights in Australia
- Working productively in a fast paced and agile/lean environment and you enjoy getting sh$t done
Importantly, the person we’re looking for won’t just be someone that has the skills and relevant experience. What has driven our success to date is our genuine connection, collaboration, care and acceptance of each other and that makes Compare Club a great place to work. This means you’ll also need to be:
- Be able to think creatively and outside the box
- Be a strong communicator and storyteller
- Be approachable and have great relationship management skills
- Supportive of an inclusive culture where we celebrate our differences
- Exposure to working with cloud technologies eg AWS, Google App Engine and exposure to front end frameworks like Vue.JS, React or Angular
- User testing
What you can expect in your first 3-6 months
- You’ll be onboarded, meet your colleagues and stakeholders, you’ll get settled in, and work with your stream to deliver a key ‘project’ in your first 3 months
- You launch an MVP and associated go to market activities
- Alongside the Head of Product, you’ll define a roadmap to define the next horizon for new categories.
Our company values
- Be passionate about the customer and what you do
- Driven for results
- Have a Crack
- Get it done
- We are one team
Why join the Club?
- Compare Club is evolving and we now have an opportunity to reinvent our industry and make a difference to the lives of our customers and members
- Work with an innovative Product team
- Annual training budget to invest in your learning and development
- Our environment is supportive and friendly
- Supportive Executive team
- We encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking
- We challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- If you thrive on being challenged and enjoy working in a fast-paced stimulating environment, come and join us on this incredible journey.
- Job Type