You will play a key role in performance through paid social media, social media strategy, campaign planning & implementation as well as leading social media new business within an existing group of market leading clients.
This is your opportunity to join OMD’s specialist, social media, sponsorship, partnership and data driven content specialist business unit, OMD Create, and to play a leadership role within one of Australia’s Best Places to Work!
As the Paid Social Account Director, you will lead the creation of market leading ideas for our clients and will direct the executional interface with media owner partners. You will play a key role in performance through paid social media, social media strategy, campaign planning & implementation as well as leading social media new business within an existing group of market leading clients.
You will be joining a data driven content marketing team, so it is essential for you to keep up with existing and emerging trends to ensure inspiring and innovative campaigns are successfully executed. It would be ideal for the successful candidate to have an understanding how social/ paid media fits into the broader digital mix of communications planning.
- Lead the team in the use of the OMD planning process to create the media idea.
- Present detailed communication plans to client.
- Become the trusted partner to your clients through delivering clear and innovative plans that bring the communication strategy to life.
- Play an important role in strategic development workshops.
- Oversee the quality of all client documentation.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of revenue streams and proactively seek opportunities to grow.
- Effective management and leadership of any direct reports.
Skills & Experiences required:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in planning and implementing social strategy and integrated digital media solutions.
- Proven previous experience in client management and presenting to clients.
- Ability to manage a high performing team.
- Ensure open communication with colleagues in all departments, and enable info sharing.
- Ability to juggle projects at once with grace under pressure and a growth mindset.
- Strong Excel skills.
At OMD, we live by our five core competencies:
- Client Engagement – whether its dealing with our clients, media partners or suppliers, we deliver best in class service and always done with integrity.
- Product & Innovation – We think creatively, critically and strategically to deliver innovative marketing solutions for the complex world we live in.
- Commercial – we are commercially savvy and deeply understand our business, and our clients, enabling better decisions and innovative thinking.
- People Management/Leadership – we care about our people and have a commitment to their development and growth.
- Personal Growth – an on-going commitment to invest 10% of your time to personal development.
These competencies are the key to developing and enhancing our people’s skills as media professionals and humans and are embedded into our performance processes and training programs.
Who are we?
OMD Australia is a proud part of the OMD global network, the world’s leading marketing and communications agency. As part of the Omnicom Media Group, we provide services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries and employ 11,000+ staff.
Since launching in 2000, OMD Australia has grown to become Australia’s largest media and communications agency, consistently winning awards including
- #7 Great Places to Work in Australia 2020 and top 50 for 12 consecutive years
- 2016, 2017, 2019 Mumbrella Culture Award
- Adweek’s Global Media Agency of the Year 2019
- B&T Women Awards Employer of the Year 2019
- 2015 & 2016 B&T Employer of The Year
- Campaign Asia-Pacific ANZ Media Agency of the Year 2015 & 2017
- Cannes Global Media Agency of the Year 2018
OMD is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and people of all backgrounds to apply.
We work flexibly at OMD and also support charities and environmental initiatives.
If there is one thing that defines OMD, it is the philosophy that nothing is more important than our people. If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity and any others open across the business, please apply now.
- Job Type
- To be discussed