This is a back end development role (currently focused in Node & Nest JS). You will act as both lead and support dev on various projects within the team. Someone who has developed strong ideals on development, but also is aware and capable of adjusting those ideals to fit the requirements and needs of different projects. We have a fantastic work culture and work / life balance on offer as well.
We are currently looking for a Mid – Senior level position – at least 5 years’ experience as a back end developer.
The successful candidate will join the back end development team to lead and support on several projects. They will help drive the evolution of practices and methodologies within our multidisciplinary tech team. The right candidate will have a strong drive to improve both themselves and those around them, balancing processes and freedom to bring out the best work in themselves and the wider team. They will have developed strong ideals on development, but also are aware and capable of adjusting those ideals to fit the requirements and needs of different projects.
We have a huge drive for Test-Driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Pull Requests, but desire to keep our methodologies and processes agile and appropriate for each project.
We have a flat company structure — if you like working with a group of highly diverse people, who are passionate about what they do and want to have equal input into the company’s future – please apply to grow with us!
This position is 5 days full time, but we are happy to offer a 3-4 day week if our person requires flexibility. We work both from home and our delightful office in Surry Hills, Sydney.
The right person for us is someone who:
- Has NodeJS experience of at least 3 years.
- Can set up a NodeJS server and API like a boss, perhaps using Express, PM2, Socket.io or other common libraries.
- Has worked agency side and knows how to handle working on multiple projects in a high-paced environment.
- Is confident in their skills to manage server applications solo.
- Is flexible enough to work in a friendly and collaborative environment with a fun, multidisciplinary team.
- Has a familiarity with deployment environments and procedures in services such as AWS, Heroku, Docker, or Capistrano.
- Has a strong interest in test-driven development.
- Has a “can do”, or at least a “would love to give it a go” attitude when it comes to their problem-solving skills and resilience.
Applicants would be a little bit more special if:
- They have experience working with NestJS, or have used a fair amount of Angular 2.x+ for client-side development.
- They have experience in other server-side languages, such as Python, Scala and Java.
- They can show that they’ve built some killer server-side features in NodeJS or another language. Maybe you wrote a CMS, an image processor, a game or a video streaming platform in NodeJS?
- Have a little bit of DevOps experience under their belts, or are interested in gaining some. Maybe you’ve written CI/CD scripts, worked with Containerisation, or can say “no problem” to setting up AWS hosting.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Job Type
For further information
- Phoebe Woodman