Join our growing team and lead our media and content marketing sales operation serving the #1 digital mature audience in Australia
Starts at 60 are recruiting a Media Sales Director to drive sales and build the pipeline for our media operations.
The role on our leadership team based in our Brisbane Office and works with media agencies and direct clients nationally to drive sales of advertising and content marketing. The right candidate will directly lead a team of two in business development roles and will have a desire to work hands-on in developing senior sales opportunities and pitches too. We like people who lead from the frontline in Starts at 60 – in fact it is a key part of our culture.
If you are driven to succeed and think you can make a positive difference, read on.
Key to your success will be your ability to:
- Define the tactical plan for sales, reporting to the executive team to present and report on performance monthly and quarterly.
- Guide the outbound sales activity of the partnerships team.
- Drive outbound sales activity of your own, as a leader of key clients and key agencies
- Ability and confidence to create presentations and pitch to senior level stakeholders
- An in-depth understanding of the market and have a strategic approach to working with clients to find a solution to their marketing objective
- Maintain accurate and timely sales information management, using the company’s CRM system, oversee and manage that others on your team do the same
- Represent and promote Starts at 60 with the utmost level of integrity, both internally and externally, at all times
- Drive a lean ‘scaleup’ style environment of economic use of time and resources
- Create and foster a sense of accountability within the company by developing evolving and adhering to appropriate metrics
- Celebrate the wins, irrespective the size
You will use your strong outbound communication skills and strong pitching and closing capability to manage sales achievements to target each month.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest and track record in digital, marketing and sales.
And they will be a team player, willing to work with a team of really smart people with a collegiate culture. We want someone who can multitask, prioritise projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones.
Experience the role requires
- 6+ years experience in Sales and sales management (ideally in a GSM role or sales management role previously or trained to this level and looking for your next opportunity)
- A desire to learn
- Brisbane based (or we will consider candidates in Australia who can demonstrate a diligent approach to remote working in sales and business development in this sector.)
- Experience working with client direct and agencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs for making proposals
- Previous experience using a CRM is desired
How the role fits into our business
This role is part of the leadership team, reporting into our management team and plays a role contributing to the overarching commercial strategy for the business, while being chiefly responsible for delivering the sales success of the Starts at 60 media and content business pillar.
As such, the role will provide ongoing input to, and manage the implementation of:
- Product and pricing strategy (including advertising, content marketing, online event products and email products)
- Sales strategy and operations
- It will be involved in oversight of client relationships, client success and advertising operations
- Collaboration with experts, industry and not-for-profits as the key representative of the business pillar
- Management-level reporting on the business pillar financial performance.
Experience the role requires:
The breadth of responsibility this role holds requires an experienced manager who is comfortable with financial and human resource management, sales planning and selling. The successful candidate’s experience should include:
- Exposure to media sales teams and media product suites, including digital advertising
- Strong content creation knowledge, including familiarity with media publishing norms
Remote candidates will be considered in Australia, with native English and experience commensurate with the role.
To apply please apply via Linkedin (above) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Type
For further information
- Leanne Stavrou