* Established, award-winning print & digital media products * Long list of existing high-value travel industry clients * Fantastic commission for high performers
At Australian Traveller Media, we love travel. And we think that the next best thing to getting out there and experiencing the world is telling everyone about it – inspiring people to travel and showing them how to do it through our award-winning print & digital media brands, Australiantraveller.com and Internationaltraveller.com.
We’re a small team, we’re friendly and fair, we all get along, and we’re all focused on doing our part to make Australian Traveller Media the #1 travel publisher in Australia. We’re nice people, we work hard, we’ve got great products, and we believe that if all of us do our jobs, we’ll get there.
Our fantastic sales team consists of four excellent sales professionals who are passionate about helping our travel industry clients engage with our audience of half a million travel consumers.
About the role
The objective of the Account Manager role is to hit and exceed revenue targets – this is an outbound, proactive media sales role. Key duties include:
* Presenting to clients – communicating the value of our media and content campaigns through telephone conversations and in-person / virtual meetings
* Prospecting for new clients – competitor analysis and staying on top of developments in your territory and the market in general
* Sales strategy – territory & client analysis, client needs analysis, trade marketing ideas, content campaign ideas, sales approach / pitch ideas, closing techniques
* Sales administration – Proposals and booking forms, assisting clients with their ad material, keeping abreast of content creation, and liaising with the ad operations team
* Reporting – Current bookings, monthly forecasts and progress-to-target reports at the Friday WIP
* Core sales skills – prospecting, pitching, objection handling, proposals, sales documentation, client servicing
* Communication skills – Articulate and persuasive with excellent written communication skills
* Technology skills – Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Google Apps, Asana
* Sales – Experience selling advertising & marketing solutions to clients direct and to agencies
* Media industry – Experience working in media with an emphasis on digital media
* Content marketing – Experience selling creative content solutions such as native executions and branded content
* Exposure to the travel and lifestyle sector is an advantage
* Energetic and ambitious sales professional who understands that more calls leads to better results which leads to more commission and career progression
* Enthusiastic, happy and likeable with a positive mindset and a can-do attitude
* Social people person – talking to people about their businesses and suggesting ways you can help isn’t work, it’s fun!
* Honest, reliable and dependable with high integrity
* Team player who understands that we will all do better if we work as a team
* Intelligent and streetsmart with the ability to see opportunities quickly and think on your feet
* Resilient with the ability to rebound from setbacks and see the silver linings
* Goal oriented – because ringing the bell, hitting targets and earning commission is awesome
* Travel nut – come on, you have to love travel!
If you’re interested in talking to us about joining the Australian Traveller Media sales team, just click the Apply button.
- Job Type