Leading independent secondary school is seeking a Marketing Director to lead their marketing communications & community relations. Varied role covering marcomms, events, community relations and fundraising Be part of Executive team and contribute to the school's strategic direction Strong Leadership opportunity | Manage a team of 7 | Sydney North
Marketing Director | Sydney North | 130-145k inc
This leading independent school with a strong brand reputation is looking for a Marketing Director to lead the College’s communications (press and media relations, publications, website), community relations (parents & friends, donors, alumni, sponsors, local govt), fundraising, and events. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong marketing communications skills who is looking for a purpose driven role to join a supportive and dynamic environment. Managing a large team of seven, this role will suit true leader who enjoys mentoring and developing others, and as a member of the Executive team, there will be an opportunity to provide input on the broader strategic direction and goals of the school. This is an amazing opportunity for an energetic, pro-active marketer to bring fresh thinking and ideas.
- Lead the marketing and communications strategies of the school.
- Ensure all marketing and community relations activities reflect the mission, vision and values of the school.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Fundraising to plan and execute major events from parents, fundraising other ‘friend-raising’ events.
- Manage all on-going communication pieces, such as the weekly newsletter, bi-annual gazette, year book and prospectus.
- Regularly monitor media coverage of the school and its competitors and provide reports and updates to the Executive team.
- Pro-actively build relationships with key media contacts to promote the school’s brand and ethos, and provide counsel on any crisis comms.
- Lead website re-design project.
- Prepare and manage the marketing budget and fundraising budget providing regular progress reports.
- Build relationships with prospective and current donors, sponsors, volunteers, alumni and parent groups.
- Build a strong working relationship with the Principal and provide support, advice and counsel where appropriate.
- Contribute to the work of the Executive team
The ideal candidate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies and plans.
- Capacity to think and act strategically with a pro-active approach.
- A natural leader who enjoys managing and developing others.
- Experience in market research strategies and plans (including using prospect research).
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Experienced in digital and social media.
- Comfortable being hands on and working with multiple stakeholders on multiple projects.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish strong community relations.
- Level-headed, professional with a good dose of sound judgement.
- The ability to inspire others and bring new ideas and improvements.
- Passionate about education.
- Fundraising experience preferred but not essential.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a purpose driven marketing role with a ‘feel good factor’.
Applications close November 14th, 2019.
- Job Type
- $130-145k inc
For further information
- Sheryn Small