• Sydney, New South Wales, Australia • Full-time
OMD Sydney are looking for a Marketing and Business Development Assistant to come and join a high performing and award-winning company. You will play an important role supporting the day-to-day running of OMD.
You will be a brand custodian with a high attention to detail, ensuring delivery of our Performance with Integrity ambition across existing and potential client stable and internal/external communications.
- Work with the Marketing Managers and People Team to develop and implement internal marketing communications across the agency ( EDMS, documentations, posters)
- Help to drive co-ordination and delivery of all OMD events both internal and external
- Ensuring that OMD’s brand is at the forefront of every event, and that every touch point between the brand and the attendee is seamless and professional
- Develop and maintain ongoing trade press relationships to foster additional opportunities for promotion of OMD people, products and services
- Manage the annual awards calendar and lead the investigation of all potential trade award’s for OMD to enter.
- Manage timelines for all relevant parties by implementing kick off meetings and setting reminders in diaries
- Continue to ensure that OMD’s social channels are the most engaged platform of all local media agencies by leading the agency’s social media presence
- Proactively find content to share, develop creative assets copy for approval, then share across platforms
- Ensure all communications are on brand and delivered to the highest standards
- Creation of a new business profile detailing any important information – business reports, media spends, core client team, industry news, creative, company structure,
Skills & Experience:
- Someone with a ‘can do’ attitude that thrives working within a fast paced and dynamic team
- Someone who possesses good time and project management skills
- A unique individual who is proactive, collaborative and has impeccable attention to detail
- Well-developed written and verbal skills with solid grammatical aptitude
- High energy and an approachable manner with good interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisational skills to enable you to work to a deadline whilst maintaining accuracy
- Good eye for design and formatting with advanced Word and PowerPoint skills, as well as basic Excel.
- Someone who can represent the OMD brand, helping to bring ‘Performance with Integrity’ to the forefront of everything we do and manage best practice within the agency
At OMD, we live by our five core competencies:
- Client Engagement – whether its dealing with our clients, media partners or suppliers, we deliver best in class service and always done with integrity
- Product & Innovation– We think creatively, critically and strategically to deliver innovative marketing solutions for the complex world we live in
- Commercial – we are commercially savvy and deeply understand our business, and our clients, enabling better decisions and innovative thinking
- People Management/Leadership – we care about our people and have a commitment to their development and growth
- Personal Growth –an on-going commitment to invest 10% of your time to personal development
These competencies are the key to developing and enhancing our people’s skills as media professionals and humans and are embedded into our performance processes and training programs.
Who are we?
OMD Australia is a proud part of the OMD global network, the world’s leading marketing and communications agency. As part of the Omnicom Media Group, we provide services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries and employ 11,000+ staff.
Since launching in 2000, OMD Australia has grown to become Australia’s largest media and communications agency, consistently winning awards including
- #4 Great Places to Work in Australia 2019 and top 50 for 11 consecutive years
- 2016, 2017, 2019 Mumbrella Culture Award
- Adweek’s Global Media Agency of the Year 2019
- B&T Women Awards Employer of the Year 2019
- 2015 & 2016 B&T Employer of The Year
- Campaign Asia-Pacific ANZ Media Agency of the Year 2015 & 2017
- Cannes Global Media Agency of the Year 2018
OMD is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and people of all backgrounds to apply.
We work flexibly at OMD and also support charities and environmental initiatives.
If there is one thing that defines OMD, it is the philosophy that nothing is more important than our people. If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity and any others open across the business, please apply now.
- Job Type