• Melbourne based • Leading arts and entertainment brand • Exciting and challenging role in close-knit and high-performing marketing team
The Australian Ballet is one of the world’s leading national dance companies and a globally recognised performing arts organisation. Each year the company presents upwards of 220 performances through its main stage seasons in Australia along with public programs, special events, an extensive regional tour, a Children’s Ballet and Education programs and regular overseas tours.
The Marketing, Commercial and Audience Development division is responsible for The Australian Ballet’s major income source – ticket sales and income from related products. It comprises of over 30 specialists including marketing, sales, creative, public relations, social media, customer services, record & broadcast and content production. The team is committed to the development of audiences, content and products based on world-class technology and ecommerce.
We are looking for a exceptional designer with superior planning and project management skills to join our high performing design team.
This role is responsible for leading the design team in the conceptualisation and delivery of outstanding visual communications – both digital and print – to propel The Australian Ballet’s brand, reach new audiences, and support the company in achieving its revenue goals.
Our ideal candidate will be a real team player who can juggle priorities and wear multiple hats: be a fair and organized studio manager while delivering outstanding creative work.
Your key responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Lead, manage and motivate a multi-skilled team of Graphic Designers to deliver design projects
- Manage work intake and overall design project assignment process (Studio management).
- Conceptualise and deliver outstanding digital and print materials for campaign and brand projects including brochures, ecomms, digital invites, animated signage, presentations, reports, video, merchandise concepts and magazines.
- Contribute strategically to business goals through design/creative lens. Build unique design solutions to complement brand strategy and reach new audiences.
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following key requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design or Communication Design
- Minimum five years’ experience in a consumer-oriented organisation
- An outstanding folio of work, both digital and print
- A creative and innovative mindset
- Demonstrated ability to translate concepts through to project completion
- Exceptional planning and project management skills
- Experience in studio / workflow management
- Outstanding skills in Adobe CS Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and MS Office (including PowerPoint)
- Outstanding digital skills, including animated gifs, animated signage, electronic mail and web design
- A passion for brand, beauty and the creative industries
- Experience in the arts is not necessary
A few of the staff benefits available to the successful candidate include:
- Free ballet tickets to performances around the year
- Circuit, pilates and yoga classes on site
- GP onsite that bulkbills
- A range of discounts through our sponsors
- Professional development opportunities
- And of course a great team!
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this position and your salary expectations.
Applications close Wednesday 11 December 2019 at 5pm.
- Job Type
For further information
- Human Resources