Are you a data driven marketing leader who is ready to take full ownership of a national marketing strategy for a scale up business?
Who is carconnect? If you’ve ever bought a car before, you’ll know how tedious, anxiety-inducing and downright exhausting the process is. From combing through all the ads to endless conversations with salespeople and negotiating, it can be seriously draining.
But that’s the old way of doing things.
At carconnect we’re on a mission to make the entire car buying process as simple and stress-free as possible for Australians. Our innovative online new car-buying platform makes it as easy as deciding on a vehicle, leaving us some details and letting us do the rest.
What is the role?
As you’d imagine as a result of this forward-thinking concept – in conjunction with some next-level initiatives we are now experiencing exponential growth in the market. It’s now time for us to find a data-driven and analytically lead Head of Marketing with a creative flare, to help us on our way to global domination (or at least Australia for starters).
As our Head of Marketing, you’ll build upon foundations and commercialise Carconnect’s growth marketing strategy for scale, leveraging your strong skillset in both digital and brand marketing. Your responsibilities will centre on the design, execution and performance improvement of our insight and data-informed, multi-channel marketing strategy – all whilst developing the existing, and building the new, awesome team that supports it.
You’ll also be collaborating with market-leading technology, data and corporate partners whose core focus is all things acquisition, engagement, and conversion metrics throughout our customer journey.
What are your key responsibilities?
- Owning the management of our national marketing strategy from design, execution and ongoing evaluation using multi-channel acquisition activities, engagement and conversion strategies and activities to maximise key business outcomes.
- Building maximum brand awareness, partner and community engagement by executing a head turning, creative and innovative brand and campaign multi-channel marketing strategy
- Leadership and capability development of our exceptional marketing team – we believe in doing more with less, giving our team development opportunities and exposure to areas they otherwise would not have within a large team dynamic.
- Working cross-functionally with our Digital Product Team to continue developing & implementing our marketing technology roadmap and evolving our customer experience using world class technology partners such as Salesforce, Tableau and Google.
- Ongoing leveraging and optimisation of business intelligence capability, deriving increased value and insights from current and future reporting capabilities.
- Third-party stakeholder management – helping to foster our partners, making fabulous connections whilst representing our brand’s marketing and digital team.
Who are we looking for?
We need a Head of Marketing that has been there, done that and scaled a successful brand and marketing function for a digital platform business. Someone who thrives on building and executing strategy from the ground up. You don’t want to simply manage the existing, you want to innovate and create! Plus you must be willing and ready to roll their sleeves up and do what needs to be done to achieve a positive outcome.
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Are a team player and excited to be recognised among a talented group of business leaders as a key enabler to the success of our business.
- Understand that you are only as successful as the success of our team, and you’re humbled by the trust we’ll give by choosing you as their leader to nurture their development and careers.
- Are analytical and considered in your decision making (data informed, not data-led) and will happily roll your sleeves up and get stuff done.
- Know that understanding the detail is critical to the success of our marketing strategy
- No d******ds please: We only want to work with the best, so we ask you kindly to leave your ego at the door and understand that each employee at every level contributes equally to the success of our business
In addition, you’ll have:
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Marketing or similar, or significant marketing experience in senior roles
- 5+ years of substantiated, data & insight-driven online & offline marketing management experience and most importantly work within a scale up organisation
- Previous experience managing a multi-million dollar budget
- Previous experience leading small and agile teams
- Previous scale-up experience
- Solid knowledge / practical experience of Salesforce Marketing Tableau and Google ecosystems and/or similar platforms
What’s on offer? Aside from a competitive salary (including performance-based bonus), we are proud of how we enable our people to be their best at carconnect:
- Workplace flexibility – Underpinned by trust, we encourage all staff to work in the way that best supports you to achieve your best, just get the job done!
- Leave benefits such as an RDO on your birthday and paid vaccination leave + bonus!
- Lively office culture (we are not a stuffy corporate) with a supportive management team that will all roll their sleeves up and lend a hand when needed
- Work/life balance is incredibly important to the wellbeing of all our staff, switch off and spend time with your family!
- A host of recreational and social activities (which we are only expanding!)
- Most importantly, we understand that life happens, so we pride ourselves on the flexibility we provide to our staff when life gets unpredictable.
- You must have full working rights in Australia
- Pre-employment background checks will be conducted
- As we like to recruit the carconnect way, no agencies please
- Job Type
- $180,000 + bonuses + super
For further information
- Amy Andrews - Talent Acquisition Business Partner