Does the thought of leading the brand strategy for batyr and a talented cross-functional team excite you? We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and experienced leader to take on the role of Head of Brand for a 12-month Parental Leave cover contract.
batyr is a ‘for purpose’ preventative mental health organisation, created and driven by young people, for young people. We run programs that help smash the stigma surrounding mental health and empower young people to reach out for support. We help create supportive communities.
We are an energetic, fun and dynamic team who are passionate about changing the way we speak about mental health. Excitingly, we are on the hunt to build our team with even more passionate, skilled and driven people to continue to develop our high-performance culture and expand the reach and impact of batyr. If you want a workplace where you can bring all of your full, weird and wonderful self to the office each day, this is the place.
WORKING WITH US
At batyr, we make sure we have fun while doing important work. We care deeply about those we welcome into our work-family and do our best to support our team. We do this by:
- Providing all permanent staff with a wellbeing budget that you can use for the gym, new surfboard, pottery class, ukulele lessons… almost whatever you need to help keep you feeling good
- Providing ongoing professional training and wellbeing sessions
- Structured internal and external mentoring
- Wellbeing leave – your personal leave doesn’t just have to be for sick days, at batyr you can also use this leave to support your mental health and wellbeing
- Mid-year and start-of-year retreats
- Flexible working arrangements
batyr is committed to providing a safe, culturally appropriate, inclusive environment for all people, regardless of their ethnicity, faith, disability, sexuality, or gender identity. We believe that everyone’s voice is valid and worthy of being heard and because of this we strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially those from minority or marginalised communities.
The Head of Brand will be responsible for the development and implementation of the batyr brand strategy across all platforms and channels, as well as leading and driving the brand team. This role will work directly with the CEO to support the whole team to increase the awareness of batyr’ and break down the stigma surrounding mental health.
This role requires a significant level of leadership in promoting batyr’s voice and image internally and externally. All audiences need to be well represented and connect with the batyr brand, no matter if it’s young people in regional Australia to the Prime Minister on Capital Hill. The Head of Brand Marketing will lead brand strategy and drive the operational delivery of this strategy, inclusive of communications, media, campaigns, events and network building. In this role you will have a strong understanding of the platforms, channels, and strategies/approaches that will enable the marketing department to reach all of batyr’s key audiences and deliver on goals.
The Head of Brand is a senior leadership position at batyr and will be looked upon to represent the brand and values of the organisation each day internally amongst colleagues and externally amongst peers and the broader community.
This role will report directly to the CEO based in Sydney.
All candidates will need to hold a current Working with Children Check and Police Check, or be willing to obtain these within one (1) month of starting the role.
You are a people person, you thrive off the energy, creativity and perspectives of others and value teamwork, collaboration and relationship building. You approach both challenges and new opportunities with enthusiasm, openness and curiosity. Your approach is measured with a cup full of optimism balanced with a pinch of realism.
You’re in tune with the young people of today and the challenges they face, and your head is exploding with ideas on how you can take the batyr brand and it’s awareness to the next level. The thought of leading the brand strategy for batyr and a talented cross functional team excites you and you’ve got the experience to back up why you’re the ideal person for the role.
You live with purpose and make decisions aligned with your values. You are self motivated and you love to inspire and motivate others to pursue what matters most. You have epic problem solving skills, love driving new ideas, remain calm under pressure and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty with crucial day-to-day brand marketing operations with the support of the team.
As with all of batyr employees, you will have an active interest in tackling the stigma, in young people, around mental health and aligned to batyr’s five values; empathy, inclusive, balanced, positive and bold.
- Develop and manage the business’s brand strategy as well as corresponding brand elements in order to maximise batyr’s brand equity. These elements are inclusive of, but not limited to: brand design, partnership marketing, content, public relations, events and advertising
- Effectively lead and support the Marcomms team; overseeing workloads, maximising ROI, providing opportunities for L&D, and fostering new and more efficient ways of working
- Develop and deliver an annual marketing and communications strategy that supports batyr’s strategic goals
- Prepare budget reports and forecasts to ensure they are presented in a timely manner to the CEO and Finance team
- Deliver compelling and informative reports (quarterly updates, annual reports, board reports) and presentations to the Board, committees, CEO and senior management, relevant stakeholders, and external partners
- Identify new relationships and manage current relationships with external organisations to increase the exposure of batyr’s brand and campaigns
- Oversee the delivery and management of batyr’s digital strategy across all platforms (social media, online, email etc.)
- Sign off on all creative outputs inclusive of promotional materials, creative briefings, graphics, photography, web design, videography and merchandise
- Ensure consistency and appropriateness of the brand’s messages both internally and externally
PRIMARY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communicator, both orally and written
- Demonstrated experience in managing marketing budgets and preparing forecasts for annual planning
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing brand and communications strategies, as well as campaigns and content for various audiences, across a variety of channels including EDMs, social media, digital & mainstream media
- Experience using InDesign, Canva, Campaign Monitor, Salesforce, WordPress, Google Analytics and other digital systems
- Exceptional leadership skills, with experience effectively managing a team
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a marketing/brand management role
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Full Drivers License
- A good understanding of the mental health space, including appropriate use of language
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter (addressing the primary selection criteria) & your CV to email@example.com by 9am Monday 20th July, with the job title and where you saw this job ad in the subject line.
batyr is a safe and inclusive workplace. Those from minority or marginalised communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived experience of mental ill-health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
- Job Type
- Commensurate of experience