As a member of the Essence APAC programmatic team, you will help execute the tactical planning, setup and activation of programmatically purchased media campaigns across AUNZ via demand-side-platform (DSP) for our key clients like Airbnb, Google, Vistaprint to name a few.
Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L’Oréal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4.5B in annualized media spend, and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 22 offices in APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.
About the role
As a member of the Essence APAC programmatic team, you will help execute the tactical planning, setup and activation of programmatically purchased media campaigns across AUNZ via demand-side-platform (DSP). Campaign objectives can range from Branding (e.g. awareness, consideration, intent) to Direct Response (e.g. usage, acquisition, ROAS) and will leverage a combination of real-time and guaranteed buying across both open exchange and/or direct publishers as needed.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly supports 1-2 accounts
- Able to own 1 campaign E2E at any one time while assisting on others as needed
- ~100% time allocated to individual campaign assignments
- Supports/owns delivery of programmatic media plans, wrap-ups, and milestone outputs utilizing established best practices against client comm strat according to timelines
- Able to launch (or assist in launching) campaigns on time/does not contribute to gating issues, in compliance with platform (DSP/DMP) best practices (naming conventions, IO/LI structure, frequency settings, prebid, etc)
- Consistently delivers on daily/weekly tasks for all assigned campaigns (daily pacing, weekly client facing reports, data integrity, etc)
- Meets campaign objectives by EOQ (KPIs, 65% Viewability, 95% Pacing), and/or flags potential pacing issues in a timely manner
- Growing knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, channels, formats, etc.
- Growing knowledge of tactical essentials including but not limited to inventory and data sources
- Excellent tracking of sub-campaign level details including but not limited to pacing, performance, etc.
- Growing knowledge of adjacent and/or connected disciplines including Data Strategy, Analytics, AdOps and Experience
- Growing knowledge of the AUNZ programmatic/ad-tech ecosystem (publishers, data, platform, etc.)
- Growing grasp of overall campaign lifecycle and the role programmatic plays within it
- Communicates planning successes, failures, and escalations to line manager in a timely manner
- Growing ability to prioritize tasks with minimal oversight from manager (able to discern cost/benefit to decide priorities independently)
Desired background experience:
- High attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; You must be able to analyze raw data, draw insights and develop actionable recommendations as needed
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups, etc)
- Demonstrable interest in programmatic/ad/mar-tech
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of digital marketing/advertising industry trends
- Previous experience working on the programmatic/ad-tech buy-side (e.g. agency, trading desk, DSP company)
- Proficiency planning and deploying campaigns using enterprise level DSPs (e.g. DV360, The Trade Desk, MediaMath)
- Google stack experience
What you can expect from Essence:
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
- Job Type
- $45,000 - 55,000