We are currently seeking a Drinks Design Director to complement our Sydney creative team. In this role you will work on a mix of wine, beer and cider brands. You will report to the Global Creative Director.
Denomination isa drinks specialist design company. Since 2002 we have built a reputation for creating beautiful, innovative and successful brands. We offer our clients the complete package; not just labels but also naming, strategy, gifting, point of sale, brand movies, brand launches, trade show design and much more. Whilst we work for many brands, no two are the same. The scope and diversity of our work is what sets us apart. We are a leader in the Australian market and have branches in London (2014) and San Francisco (2018) so we operate on a global scale.
The Drinks Design Director (DDD) at Denomination is responsible for creating original packaging graphic design and brand identity design for clients in the drinks category including wine, beer, spirits and cider. The DDD is responsible for providing clients with strategic design solutions that meet the brief and are original. The DDD reports directly to the Global Creative Director (GCD).
The DDD will also be responsible for training staff in the Sydney, London and San Francisco in the skills of illustrations and graphic design for luxury brands, as well as product design for gifting solutions.
- Analyse client briefs, research reports, consumer insights material and competitors prior to designing concepts
- Prepare original design concepts for project (either graphic design or industrial design, or both) to a high standard, either on your own or in collaboration with other members of the design team
- Prepare concept visuals to present to clients
- Present design concepts and strategic approach to clients
- Prepare design developments in answer to client requests and debriefs
- Art direct photographers and illustrators for your projects
- Prepare written finished artwork briefs and brief finished artists on requirements for your projects
- Adhere to and facilitate existing artwork briefing and checking systems
- Check all finished artwork against design files and artwork brief for your projects
- Compose and run internal workshops training staff in Sydney, London (via Skype) and San Francisco (via Skype) in illustration skills for luxury brands
- Compose and run internal workshops training staff in Sydney, London (via Skype) and San Francisco (via Skype) in product design skills for gifting solutions
- Compose and run internal workshops training staff in Sydney, London (via Skype) and San Francisco (via Skype) in graphic design skills for luxury drinks solutions.
- Relevant degree qualification desirable
- At least 5 years of work experience in similar roles
- Job Type
For further information