Guardian Australia is part of Guardian News & Media (GNM), publisher of theguardian.com. As a leading global media organisation, we are renowned for our pioneering independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.We are seeking an experienced digital producer to join us for a 12 month contract starting in March 2024. The GLabs team creates high-quality branded content for our clients that is aligned to the Guardian's commitment to world class storytelling and core values.
Guardian Australia is part of Guardian News & Media (GNM), publisher of theguardian.com. As a leading global media organisation, we are renowned for our pioneering independent journalism and our award-winning digital products.
We are seeking an experienced digital producer to join us for a 12 month contract starting in March 2024. The GLabs team creates high-quality branded content for our clients that is aligned to the Guardian’s commitment to world class storytelling and core values.
This role is a key member of the GLabs team working across multiple branded content and sponsorship campaigns end to end for our clients whilst also guiding the creative production of these campaigns.
You’ll work closely with our features editors, sales team, audience editor and external partners to develop and execute client campaigns from project management to partnering on the production of content.
In this role you will…
- Work with content editors, audio, video and web developers to create branded commercial content
- Define the project scope, build and oversee all project documentation
- Manage a production budget to ensure each project is profitable
- Develop a working knowledge of in-house technology solutions
- Manage visual assets and publishing via Guardian CMS
- Contribute to brainstorms and other creative processes to generate innovative content ideas for both briefs and proactive pitches
- Collaborate with relevant departments/stakeholders to facilitate commercial brief responses (e.g. studio, audience, ad operations)
- Strong project and client management experience within a publishing or agency production environment
- Capable of developing a campaign from conception to launch and execution
- Confidence in being able to build good relationships and communicate effectively with clients whilst also being able to manage their expectations
- Experience in producing audio and video shoots including planning, creative workflow and budgeting
- Strong organisational and creative problem solving skills, and the ability to navigate multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Communication and influencing skills, along with a creative and collaborative mindset
- Experience in using content production or project management apps (trello, smartsheet, or similar)
- Understanding of marketing objectives, commercial imperatives and digital sales implementation
About working at Guardian Australia…
- Hybrid working
- Employee assistance program (EAP) to support employee wellbeing
- Paid volunteer leave
- Dedicated diversity and inclusion employee groups, action plans (including our Reconciliation Action Plan) and cultural competency training
- Guardian digital subscription
For more information please view the full job description here.
This role is being offered on a full-time, 12 month contract starting March 2024 in either Sydney or Melbourne.
Closing date for applications: 3 December 2023
If you have application questions or if you require an adjustment to be made during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com
We believe that our role in the Australian media is to give a voice to the most marginalised people in society and value and respect all differences in all people — including people of colour, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from different social classes, people with diverse gender and sexual identities, and people with disabilities (seen and unseen). We believe that these communities must be centred in the work we do, bringing a new perspective and a diversity of thought. We also encourage flexible working and aim to create a work environment where all employees feel respected.
- Job Type
For further information
- HR team