Great opportunity for a media specialist who is passionate and can develop, implement and optimise digital media to attract prospective students to Deakin University!
This exciting role sits within the internal central media team which manages media planning, buying, optimisation, and reporting on behalf of Central Marketing for domestic student recruitment.
Your critical and analytical mindset will see you develop, implement and optimise digital media to attract prospective students to Deakin University.
This role will be reporting to the Media Manager and will work closely with members of the entire Central Marketing team, and maintain a good rapport across the Marketing Division.
You will demonstrate excellent vendor relationship skills by managing relationships with agencies and outstanding communication skills to enhance the performance of the digital media program, focusing on Paid Search and Remarketing.
The Digital Media Specialist – Search will be the primary owner of the Paid Search account management and strategy. This role will be responsible for ensuring rigor and value is delivered on digital media in alignment with overarching brand objectives and tactical goals.
Your key responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
- Developing digital media schedules ensuring that there is efficiency, value and rigour in the planning.
- Developing plans and buy media for internally managed digital campaigns.
- Collaborating with the Media Analyst, Web Team and Digital Producer to optimise the web experience for site visitors acquired via digital media.
- Overseeing media agency partners and vendors and engaging with internal stakeholders to make media buying recommendations, buy media and report on campaign performance.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Tertiary degree in marketing, multimedia, information technology, communications, or other related areas, and specialist knowledge in digital media buying and performance management. Or combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience working in a media planning or buying position at an advertising or media agency preferred.
- Working knowledge of digital media tools and platforms and digital media buying strategy and principles.
- Experience with ad platforms, most importantly Adwords (Facebook Power Editor, Twitter Ads, Adwords etc).
- Experience with third party optimisation; Google Adwords optimisation platform is preferred however not a requirement; we currently utilise Adobe Advertising Platform.
- Advanced knowledge of Paid Search and Remarketing.
Applications for this position close on 5 May 2021.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working with Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
- Job Type
- HEW 7 $89,427 + 17% Superannuation