A newly created role that will work across multiple news sites for Solstice Media and Motion Publishing which produces the national digital news site The New Daily.
A rare opportunity to work across multiple news sites for Solstice Media and Motion Publishing. Solstice Media launched in 2004 and produces multiple titles, it’s also the parent company of Motion Publishing which produces the national digital news site The New Daily.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone to work across both organisations. The role requires someone to design, develop and implement the digital marketing strategy across all owned and earned channels, in this newly created role for Australia’s fastest growing, premium, email first, digital news service.
Leading the development and delivery of the audience growth strategy across the brand portfolio, with a specific focus on increasing reach. Responsible for both consumer and trade marketing the Digital Marketing Manager will develop, implement and manage all consumer campaigns, with key focus areas on acquisition, engagement and loyalty. In addition, the role will support the commercial team with trade campaign strategies and audience insights designed to drive revenue growth.
The role will have one direct report, an email manager, with access to resources such as a digital developer, graphic designer and commercial editor and scope to outsource additional required resources. The person will also work closely with the editorial and commercial teams to deliver on the business objectives.
The main objectives of the role are to:
- Develop and implement comprehensive digital marketing strategies across all digital channels including web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email and social media that result in subscriber acquisition and retention.
- Identify digital/email trends to maximise audience engagement and improve customer journeys.
- Manage and optimise campaign performance.
- Enhance digital presence for SEO.
- Identify trends and insights to define new growth strategies, optimise digital performance.
- Conduct A/B testing to optimise digital marketing performance.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals.
- Ongoing analysis, reporting and presentation of results and actionable insights to drive continuous improvement and optimisation of the customer journey.
- Use data analytics and reporting to conduct regular reviews of subscriber churn and engagement and translate this into actionable insights.
- Implement online marketing campaigns for the Australian region.
- Improve the companies social media channels including SEM and SEO.
- Create offline and online marketing strategies based on customer and competitor insight.
- Continually improve the business through suggesting creative ideas for promotion.
- Demonstrable digital marketing experience leading and managing SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, database marketing, digital media marketing and marketing automation.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- CRM experience.
- Previous experience on digital news sites is an advantage.
- Job Type
- 60000 (PTE)
For further information
- Ingrid von Bibra